ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the Netherlands for work, right now. I have a Hyundai Elantra rental car. (yay.) There is this AWESOME back road that takes me to my hotel in a nearby village. The road is only slightly wider than my car, and winds back and forth like you wouldn't believe! Up and over little bridges, out in the country, virtually no other traffic. It feels like some of those WRC Rally courses in the English countryside.

About the only thing you have to be careful of is turning a blind corner and coming across a bicycle, which are plentiful over here.

Man, nothing like a Hyundai Elantra rental to put my WRX back into perspective. At WOT in 2nd gear, and 5000 rpm, I'm like "Is that IT? Sheesh!"

·
Registered
317 Posts
at least u can smoke the greens legally, if ur into that

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hey ray, till when are you in the Netherlands? cause then i'll give you a ride in my WRX... And yeah be very careful with the bicycle riders cause they're basically holy over here...

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm only here 'til Wednesday, when I drive back to Amsterdam and fly home. Thanks for the offer! I don't know how I could work out the logistics of getting down to Amsterdam between now and then. My company charges a lot for my time, so the customer wants me close!

I was speaking with a local at his house, last night, and he told me that pot's not actually legal here. It's just accepted. The law basically just turns a blind eye to it.

"Married and old", ehh? I'll get you, DTR...;)

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm back in the U.S., after a week of driving the Hyundai. I enjoyed my first spirited drive in the WRX, this morning, on the way to work.

My WRX rocks.
That is all.

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Trainrex said:
Did you bring back anything you need pills for?:tongue:
Yes. Allergies. :wiggles:
I have walked around the Red Light District in Amsterdam, just to see it. I don't know if that's something I'd really want to do, even I wasn't married. It just seems too clinical and businesslike. Takes all of the adventure out of it!

Edited for spelling...

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I have walked around the Red Light District in Amsterdam, just to see it. I don't know if that's something I'd really want to do, even I wasn't married. It just seems to clinical and businesslike. Takes all of the adventure out of it!
I here ya. Nothing like wandering around in the ghetto in the middle of the night with high hopes and $7. to spend:tongue:

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I have walked around the Red Light District in Amsterdam, just to see it. I don't know if that's something I'd really want to do, even I wasn't married. It just seems to clinical and businesslike. Takes all of the adventure out of it!
Oh, and by the way, it's not cheating if you are in another country all together:D :wiggles:

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trainrex said:
Oh, and by the way, it's not cheating if you are in another country all together:D :wiggles:
Crap!:eek3: I wish you'd told me that last week!:D

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Crap!:eek3: I wish you'd told me that last week!:D
Ya see....when you are dating, it's not cheating if it's in a different zip code. If you are married, you have to go to another country;)

Oh, and according to Bill Clinton, oral sex isn't cheating either;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had an 01 Hyundai Elantra, it's a great car, very light, very dependable and good hp/torque. Definitely was one of the strongest cars in it's class when I bought it. But it's nothing compared to the Scoobie!

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phat04WRX said:
I had an 01 Hyundai Elantra, it's a great car, very light, very dependable and good hp/torque. Definitely was one of the strongest cars in it's class when I bought it. But it's nothing compared to the Scoobie!
Good hp/torque? Maybe the European spec is different.;)
Seriously, the interior quality, well, ok. Seats were supportive but very cheaply upholstered. The dash quality is about on par with the WRX, which is to say not great, but acceptable. Fit and finish was generally good. Suspension was very soft, compared to my car. It made decent torque below 3000, pretty gutless above that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts