ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people.. i have a stock 2004 wrx.. i read alot about upgrades for this car like the cobb AP.. and no BOV on the car and other stuff... well i want to start off slow of modifying my wrx.. the first thing i was going to do is to get a aftermarket intake because i read that not to use a aftermarket BOV and to just get a air intake system.. because you could here the stock bov through it.

Is it ok to get any aftermarket air intake system off of ebay or i read that to modify the stock air intake system like taking the silencer off the OEM one.. any sugestions... srry im new at the turbo-charged world

·
Registered
314 Posts
hey people.. i have a stock 2004 wrx.. i read alot about upgrades for this car like the cobb AP.. and no BOV on the car and other stuff... well i want to start off slow of modifying my wrx.. the first thing i was going to do is to get a aftermarket intake because i read that not to use a aftermarket BOV and to just get a air intake system.. because you could here the stock bov through it.

Is it ok to get any aftermarket air intake system off of ebay or i read that to modify the stock air intake system like taking the silencer off the OEM one.. any sugestions... srry im new at the turbo-charged world
The only Intake systems id trust on my car would be an SPT SRI or a Cobb SRI.

The stock intake suits the car very well up to 400 + whp, the best and cheapest mod you could do is just take out the silence ( white box in the passenger fender well ) and drop in a panel filter preferably one that is not oiled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only Intake systems id trust on my car would be an SPT SRI or a Cobb SRI.

The stock intake suits the car very well up to 400 + whp, the best and cheapest mod you could do is just take out the silence ( white box in the passenger fender well ) and drop in a panel filter preferably one that is not oiled.
is it easy to take out the silancer out of the stock intake system? what is needed to perform the procedure and where can i get this panel filter you are talking about where can i get one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
you can get a filter from ExtremePsi.com or Jscspeed.com they both have great prices. as far as the silencer removal jack up the rt. side of the car remove the splash guard from under the front bumper on the rt. side you can also pull the inner fender well out if you need more room. there is I think one 10mm nut in the engine bay next to the air box and one inside the fender. once they are out pull the silencer out....

·
Registered
6,751 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
My opinion, would be to get yourself the cobb ap and download the base maps. Then a upipe, downpipe and exhaust and a tune. Some colder plugs and synthetic oil for the motor, tranny and rear diff. could also be an option. On the intake I would wait till you get the cobb ap and have them tune for the intake. Till then Just remove the intake silencer from the fenderwell and get a drop in filter. I bought the blitz drop in from JSCspeed.com. If you wanna run somesort of an aftermarket b.o.v., then i'd suggest the aps racing bypass valve. I noticed an improvement when shifting. It boost doesn't drop off when shifting. It only vents to the atmosphere when your on the throttle 100%.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Upgrades?

Well, decide if you're going for power and or handling increases. Or both.

I think you should look at a Downpipe with an Uppipe, and some OpenECU flash/Cobb AP/Ecutek to tune those mods. Give yourself some good hp gains.

You can throw in a K&N Panel air filter for good measure also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts