ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my goal with my car is to beat most of the evos on the street and teach them a lesson about which car is better. how much horsepower do i need and what mods should i support? i still havent choosen a turbo and havent bought a fmic yet and havent got the Cobb ap2, but is this all i need? i have a cbe and intake and cobb dp. my car is a 2007 wrx(not sti). what turbo can i get that doesnt require all the fuel management stuff. will the ihi vf34 be fined? i dont want a crazy fast car that isnt safe, i just want to beat most of the evos on the street.

·
Registered
594 Posts
well if ya got the cobb ap and flashed to stage 2 then you will be where all the sti's are at. the evo's will probably still take you barely but depending on the driver then who knows. but then again evo's have a couple bolts on and can still smoke ya...

thats when ya gota go for an aftermarket turbo thats reliable since this is your daily driver. but wait until the guru's chime in.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
my goal with my car is to beat most of the evos on the street and teach them a lesson about which car is better.
That'll teach 'em.. :rolleyes:

You're young, huh?
You do realize, that most EVO owners do the same type of bolt-on mods, right? They're (stock for stock) already way ahead of the WRX. the bolt-ons you have, narrow that gap. so he throws his bolt-ons into action. where's that leave you? Square one.

having a friend with an Evo9, and I've ridden in it several times, I can say that, with his 1500-2000$ he's bolted onto it, it's stupid-quick!
I've got loads of money tied up in my WRX motor, and I'd have to say, I'd be hard-pressed to outrun his car, right now.

how much horsepower do i need and what mods should i support? i still havent choosen a turbo and havent bought a fmic yet and havent got the Cobb ap2, but is this all i need? i have a cbe and intake and cobb dp. my car is a 2007 wrx(not sti). what turbo can i get that doesnt require all the fuel management stuff. will the ihi vf34 be fined? i dont want a crazy fast car that isnt safe, i just want to beat most of the evos on the street.
spend a little time, educate yourself, research more, and you'll find that there's alot more to it, than bolting on the high-school favorites, if you wanna go fast.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Somebody must have just got finished waching FF part III..........Iwanna beat an F16.What kind of upgrades do I need?I am tired of always losing to them...

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
LOL, you're up early, donkey..

...or just getting in.. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I concur.

First I hope you are running a 07 STI with a DP and no EM.

Second not many EVO's are stock anyway and they are usually quicker and cheaper to mod to begin with. The only lesson that will be taught is you should have either bought A) An EVO B) A high hp RWD car to go fast in a staright line.

·
Registered
99 Posts
my former evo 9 with used catless turbo back exhaust, manual boost controller and tune (around $700) made 320whp/320wtq on typical dynojets, and was trapping 110-111mph, all on 91 oct.

good luck bud.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ok.. here is what u do...

td05 18G
some sort of bigger TMIC
meth injection
get alot of heat wrap.. the turbo blankets, heat wrap(heat wrap ur headers, up pipe, downpipe, turbo, and turbo heat shield.)
stronger tranny.. u can go cheap and do RA's or go big with either an sti tranny or PPG's, if u wanna be fast then go with PPG's(better gearing in the 5 speed)
get a tune

i have a friend with an 04 wrx with almost that setup, minus the heat wrapping, and tranny upgrade, he put down 330whp and 317 wtq on a 2.0l stock block wrx

i am guessing with the 2.5l u can get somewhere around 340wtq and 360 whp, but u would have to get a new tranny for that! and heat wrapping actually does bring out some hp... and FMIC isnt needed even on a 20G

·
Registered
185 Posts
and FMIC isnt needed even on a 20G
It may not be 'needed', but it would certainly be helpful. You can run a 20G on a stock TMIC, but you won't be able to get even close to the numbers/results as you would with a FMIC.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It may not be 'needed', but it would certainly be helpful. You can run a 20G on a stock TMIC, but you won't be able to get even close to the numbers/results as you would with a FMIC.
ya.. good point.. but y go with an FMIC when u can be sleeper with a TMIC and better throttle response with a tmic!

·
Registered
0 Posts
try becoming friends with them, it'll save time and money :rotfl:

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Modding a car to beat other cars is a bad idea (unless your a professional driver/race team owner). There always something faster. Mod to make the car feel/look/be the way you want it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Plus you can always just look and sound faster then you can keep them all wondering or worrying!:)

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
i have:
02 WRX with a VF30, tmic, pinks, protune and much much more.
i have lost to one evo. he has meth injection...

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Modding a car to beat other cars is a bad idea (unless your a professional driver/race team owner). There always something faster. Mod to make the car feel/look/be the way you want it.
+1

1 - 20 of 54 Posts