ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
It all depends what you are looking for man. Everyones opinion is going to be different. Some like it very loud some do not. Lets start by telling us how much you are trying to spend, if you are trying to go stage 2 with a downpipe or just get a catback, also is your car hatchback or sedan? There are a lot different set-ups that you could go with depending on what you are looking for. Another thing is you can search online all you want for videos but personally and i think everyone on here will agree videos don't do any of the exhausts justice. You are better off trying to find a local subi meet and seeing what other people have to really get a good idea of what they all sound like.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Lots of info on this did you do a search yet?

What's your budget?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Take the cat-back off completely, sounds like a race car and shoots flames. win!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thank u guys.. Its my first wrx sedan. I haven't looked yet. Im very limited on time. My budget is 700-900$. An it has to be cali legal Dats da part dat sucks Cus almost everything is illegal here. I want it to not sound stock but not loud to where its unbearable.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
+1 tune for the intake.

If you are getting a catback you can run a stage 1 tune specific for your particular intake. Or if you do not want to tune the car just take the intake off & run the catback without a tune.

If you are getting a turboback you will have to tune the car with a Stage 2 map. Again using the map specific for your intake.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought you couldn't modify the air intake in cali.
As long as it's CARB legal (which I think the Cobb SF one is) then you're good.

AFAIK the mods that replace the cat, like the downpipe "illegal" but people run them and switch them over for smog or if they get a fix-it ticket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts