Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow. The BBS wheels really added to the appearance of the car. It was a black WRX wagon and the contrast of the silver BBS's made for an awesome looking car. Too bad I don't feel like the added $2700 (Plus tires) is worth it on a car costing $24,500, otherwise I would go change my order right now.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Or get a similar look from Rota, called Fermels (I think)...check out Subydude's website. They go for like $600, but look sweet. There's a guy selling them here for about $500 (again, I think).

·
Registered
53 Posts
PKer - you must be talking about the BBS RK's. Although they might look alike they are definitely not the same wheel. The factory BBS wheel is made exclusively for Subaru. They are super strong and very light forged wheels. The BBS RK's don't even come close.

Punk

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
There's also tires.com.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Cool I didn't know they were a Subaru exclusive. I probably would have gotten them as an option but almost 3g's extra is too much.

What kind of tires do the factory BBS' come with?
That could make a big difference on pricing.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
PKer said:
Cool I didn't know they were a Subaru exclusive. I probably would have gotten them as an option but almost 3g's extra is too much.

What kind of tires do the factory BBS' come with?
That could make a big difference on pricing.
No tires IIRC, you had to buy your own. Although, I'm sure some dealers sold them as a wheel/tire package.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You have got to be kidding 2700+ for BBS' with RE92's?:eek:
That's just plain ridiculous.

I'm sorry but bdoug, you got ripped bad.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You could also get some Enkei RPM2 wheels for like 250 a piece. They look like BBS stuff, but are different enough that i don't feel like they're copies (i.e. Rota Formels)

·
Registered
161 Posts
QuickSilver said:
Or get a similar look from Rota, called Fermels (I think)...check out Subydude's website. They go for like $600, but look sweet. There's a guy selling them here for about $500 (again, I think).
I don't know why people replace there WRX stock rims with cheap rims. If you go to the dealer, its probably like $200-$300 per rim. I know you can buy the stock rims on the street for cheap, but the price you bought the WRX included the pricey rims stock.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't know why people replace there WRX stock rims with cheap rims. If you go to the dealer, its probably like $200-$300 per rim. I know you can buy the stock rims for cheap, but the price you bought the WRX included the pricey rims stock.
Because the stock non dealer optional "rims" (they are actually a whole one piece wheel) are butt ugly.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sherb said:
I don't know why people replace there WRX stock rims with cheap rims. If you go to the dealer, its probably like $200-$300 per rim. I know you can buy the stock rims on the street for cheap, but the price you bought the WRX included the pricey rims stock.
Huh? The optional wheels aren't $300 a piece, they are still $3K. The B4 wheels that they now sell as an option (which I probably would have got if they had them last yr) are ~$1200 a set.

PunksWRX said:
PKer - you must be talking about the BBS RK's. Although they might look alike they are definitely not the same wheel. The factory BBS wheel is made exclusively for Subaru. They are super strong and very light forged wheels. The BBS RK's don't even come close.

Punk
Ditto, they look nothing alike when you have them side by side. The Subaru ones are 2-3 piece (don't recal) forged, where as the RK's are one peice. They look nice (the better ones), but cost is very high.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, i've heard people say they're plain and so on. I LOVE them. I just wish i had the $750+ per wheel to buy them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts