ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuhooo! I never would have thought of riding thse distances a year ago...never ever ever. This microdiscetomy has done wonders.

Anyhoo....rode from Porter Hospital to Wash Park, down Cherry Creek to Confluence park, East on I-70's trail to Wadsworth, south to bear creek at Hampden (several killer climbs.), to Chatfield reservior and 2 more climbs, then back up Bear Creek and the Platte River to get home. The bike is an older Cannondale upright cruiser that fits me perfectly. It's a true upright bike, built for cruising. A speed bike would put me hunched over too much, which isn't good for my back just yet. Doing all this training, I've lost 25lbs and it's staying off.....and no food is safe....

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
i used to be able to do that kind of mileage. I am working my way back up though. After a week back at it I can already feel a considerable change in how fast i fatigue when im riding...its great!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thats a pretty good distance on a bike, especially with all the climbs. Every once in a while, I ride my mtn. bike to work. Its about 32 miles round trip, basically flat. I just upgraded to clipless pedals which makes pedalling so much more efficient.

I cant wait to move back to Virginia and ride some real trails. Long Island is pretty damn flat. I still see a ton of people ride full suspension here though. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts