ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like the look of the RA/R "mod" (hard to call it a "mod" I think...), so I picked up some stripes of my own and went to town. I don't actually recall anybody doing the bottom spoiler on the front, but I did and I think it looks great. I also did the side vents - I'm kinda on the fence about them - and the rear exhaust area.

I like subtle accents on things and not the "in your face I'm about the bling" kind of look, and I think this suits that well.

What does everybody here think? Side vents: keep it? Exhaust area: lame?

EDIT: I forgot specifics. I used 1/4" on the exhaust and 1/8" on all the rest.

View attachment 105551
View attachment 105547
View attachment 105546
View attachment 105548
View attachment 105550
View attachment 105549

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I like all except the bottom spoiler.

Reactions: etnpnys

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the feedback, guys. I really wanted to figure out a way to do the front bumper side vents and the hood scoop, but when I played with it in Photoshop it looked like it was WAY too much. So here's where I left it.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Needs more low.

Reactions: zax

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol Are you guys suggesting I lower the car? I'm not interested, but thanx anyway...

·
Æternum
20,575 Posts
lol Are you guys suggesting I lower the car? I'm not interested, but thanx anyway...
There is no escaping this; you require moar low.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like the upper grill pinstripe a lot, undecided about the lower one though... I don't think the vents behind the front tires really should have that pin striping. The exhaust border is unique, from the pics I'm not sure if you would even see it.
Debadge everything and keep the top grill pinstripe is what I would do.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The exhaust border is unique, from the pics I'm not sure if you would even see it.
Yeah, it's really really subtle. I even used the wider stripe for it. Probably can see it but not notice it. Just a little flare of character, that's all.

I wish my stationwagon had the rear bumper of the sedan - that would have given me something to work with at least. I feel like the rear end of the wagon is pretty bland, so it felt really really unbalanced to do more stuff to the (already) characteristic front end without touching the back. Maybe they'll give us some rear vents or something in the next iteration...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I think it looks good. The narrow striping you used doesn't stick out too much and is nice and subtle. I'm not sure about it on the louvers in front of the doors or on the front lower scoop on the bumper cover though. It looks great everywhere else. If the front lower scoop had a screen in it then I think it would look great like it does on the upper grill, but it just looks now like you're putting makeup on a pig since that spot doesn't look great to start with.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it looks good. The narrow striping you used doesn't stick out too much and is nice and subtle. I'm not sure about it on the louvers in front of the doors or on the front lower scoop on the bumper cover though. It looks great everywhere else. If the front lower scoop had a screen in it then I think it would look great like it does on the upper grill, but it just looks now like you're putting makeup on a pig since that spot doesn't look great to start with.
Interesting... I was thinking this morning what everybody's beef is with that lower spoiler, but you gave me that info from your perspective, so thanx! To me, I think it draws the eyes inward, making you understand the depth of that lower spoiler - that's why I like it. I get what you're saying about the grill, though. I'm pretty sure I've seen a lower grill mod on here somewhere... Anybody have a link handy?

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
i like it, paint the side badges black with red lettering and debadge trunk..and of course moar low, and bewbs

^ YES .. lol

I like it man, nice work. I've never seen anyone do the side vents or rear difuser before but it looks really good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts