ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I recently had my 04 sti open ecu tuned. At first the car was running awsome. Then i started getting some boost spike from 4th gear on.. Every time i put the car in 4th gear around 2000 rpm and hit the gas it will climb the rpm and by the time it reaches 5300 it will spike, then when i put the car in 5th gear from 3500 rpm right off the bat y car will spike.. It seems like when the car is under any heavy load it spikes no matter what. I talked to a few tuners and they said the guy who tunned my car screwed up the tune. Now if i buy the AP V2 will that fix my problem with a pro tune. Or is his open ecu tune going to be stuck in my computer...and screw me up untill i get a new ecu or have it flashed to oem then do the AP. I guy told me to do the ECUtek and they can fix it by going into my computer and fixing all problems and giving me more power.. let me know what you guys think. If you need more info just ask

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
The OpenECU tune can be wiped off w/o issue, no worries.

How long after the tune did you start getting boost spikes? If it didn't start spiking until the cold weather hit, the 'TD' tables weren't perfect for the colder weather.

The 'Turbo Dynamics' tables as well as the WGD table needs to be tweeked a bit.

The other 'shops' are trying to sell you a product that they sell. Contact your original tuner, I imagine if he's any kinda guy at all, he'll take care of it no problem UNLESS you've changed some mod on the car since he has tuned it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did contact my original tuner and hes trying to charge me 350 to fix his problem.. it started happening right after i had the tune done.. not even befor it got cold out. so thats sounds a little more comforting that it can be wipped out.. I think i might go with the ECUteck alot of people are having really good luck with it..

any other opinions

·
Registered
3 Posts
i did contact my original tuner and hes trying to charge me 350 to fix his problem.. it started happening right after i had the tune done.. not even befor it got cold out. so thats sounds a little more comforting that it can be wipped out.. I think i might go with the ECUteck alot of people are having really good luck with it..

any other opinions
:whoa:350 to fix the spiking is rediculous!!! It is very likely that you just need to adjust the wgdc's and turbo dynamics like testes said to fix your problem!! I would stay with Open Source tuning if I were you.. Going with ECUtek is way more expensive and really not gonna offer you anything too much different!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts