ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a bearing in my 04 wrx 4eat going.... Is a 2.5 short block (STI block new) with forged pistons my best repair? Right now i am already running STI pinks and a vf39 along with all supporting mods (o/s tune). I ultimately want around 300awhp and it sounds like this GST Motorsports Stage 1 street series 2.5 shortblock [GST-STG1-SB] - $2,995.00 : GST Motorsports, Store will be good enough. i just want a few opinions on my decision and maybe some idea of what else i will need to reach 300awhp. Any help will be appreciated, i just want to make sure i am moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its being done by a local shop that mainly works on subarus. I am no mechanic, i wouldn't dare trying this as it is already costing me an arm and a leg and i cant afford to mess it up lol.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
If you go the route of hybrid build, you'll want to get headwork done. EQTuning offers a hybrid option.

300whp is something you'll need to discuss whoever will be tuning the car; they will know their work / dyno best, and can tell you what you'll need. Likely, a bigger turbo or meth/E85.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking bigger injectors and an e85 tune or maybe a larger turbo down the road with an fmic. Speaking of which I was told the wrx tmic will be better for my build seeing as its an auto and spool speed is real important?

sent from my T-bolt

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I'm thinking bigger injectors and an e85 tune or maybe a larger turbo down the road with an fmic. Speaking of which I was told the wrx tmic will be better for my build seeing as its an auto and spool speed is real important?

sent from my T-bolt
Trust me...youll have no issues spooling with the 2.5

The intercooler itself between the wrx and sti intercooler wont make a difference.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
04wrx1990 said:

sent from my T-bolt
A quality TMIC will spool quicker than the OE, while allowing you to run more boost / timing / leaner AFRs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information, this is really helpful. Would you say it would be better to do a bigger tmic or injectors first?

sent from my T-bolt

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
04wrx1990 said:
Thanks for all the information, this is really helpful. Would you say it would be better to do a bigger tmic or injectors first?

sent from my T-bolt
OE TMIC + E85, if readily available, will net more than aftermarket TMIC + pump. You will need two tunes, for when you're someplace that's not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts