Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new whitline strut tower bars that I want to install in the reat strut towers. However I can nto figure out how to remove the rear seats. Everybody keeps giving me non detailed directions.

Can anybody help me here?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jasno999 said:
Where are the bolts for the cushion located?
seriously...if you can't figure the back seat out, take it to a shop... the time it took to post here, I could have the entire back seat removed. The bolts holding the cushion down were one of the first ugly things I noticed about the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love it how I come on her with a question so that I can figure something out and do it myself. Most people like to help. But you akways get that one dickhead like LateApex who has to be a total jerk.

Sorry that I did not know where everything was at. But there is no need for you to be a prick about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry man, I didn't mean to come off like a prick.
There are two bolts at the bottom front of the lower cushion, remove them and the seat bottom slides right out. Then there are four more at the bottom edge of the seat back. Fold down the armrest and the little passage thing. The seat back slides up and off.

Thanks for the name calling, that was classy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just as LateApex said, there are two 12mm bolt holding the rear cushion down - if you sit in the back seat, they're right behind your ankles, one on each side. After the bottom cushion is removed, there are four 12mm bolts holding the rear cushion down - two in the middle and one on each end. You need to lift up on the back seat to get it out - it's held snug on top by horizontal bars. Once you get the back cushion out, there are three 12mm nuts attaching the strut top to the body in the strut tower. Take these three 12mm nuts off, remove the little metal cap, put the strut tower brace on, and reinstall everything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so i'm about ready to install these things, I don't have to worry about the struts shooting out of the car or anything once the cap held on by the three bolts comes off? just wanna be sure.

·
Registered
553 Posts
no, they won't shoot off the car. They're attached by two bolts at the bottom of the strut, as well as the 3 at the top. You'll probably have to wiggle them to get them out anyway, they won't just fall out of the car completely.

EDIT: woops, noticed you're not removing the struts. So definitely nothing should move once you take the cap off.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What caps are you talking about? If you mean just the little metal ones then no, they don't hold anything on. I think they're just there to keep sound out, but I haven't had mine on the car for a while. If you mean the strut tops then yes, things will come "shooting" off. Its not bad, but I like to use spring compressors just to be safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts