Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to put my dog down today. He's been with me for thirteen years. His name was Buggsy and he had a pure, sweet soul.

misterx

:( :( :(

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
I had to put my dogs down to. I dont think I cryed though, sometimes when I think about it my eyes tear up.
They were both 14 year old cocker's.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Damn, I'm sorry man :( I remember when we had to put my dog down too :(

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
:(

Been there. Feel for ya. Just remember all dogs go to heaven.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Whoa, thats rough man. Sorry for the loss, I unfortunatly know the feeling(my hunting dog died some years ago). He joined my life when I was 4, stuck it out till I graduated from HS. Miss the old fella. Savor the memories eh?

·
Registered
314 Posts
My cat is 19 years old and I think she may be starting to go soon. She has been here since my day 1, and it will be one very sad day when she goes. Im not gonna put her down though, shes still happy. She just sits at my bed and purrs all day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

13 years is a long time, being you pet and all, it becomes more like a friend. So after 13 years, you get quite attached, so I'm sure everyone can relate to what you're going through.

Our Blue Cattle dog (Bluey) was put down ealier this year, he was with us for 14 years.

·
1,379 Posts
Russ, I've been there, man. A good dog has something humans can't match: unquestioning loyalty and friendliness. It's been 8 years since I lost my dog, who was with me for 13 years as well, and I still think of him from time to time. :( Stay strong, our thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a 13 years too, he was a german shepherd. Rusty.
Well man its ok to cry, just remember hes in a better place now.
Just dont ever forget him.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again to everyone. Friday was he worst day of my life. I never thought it would be this bad. We still see him in shadows and hear the occaional sound he might make.

russ

·
Super Moderator
1,985 Posts
MisterX said:
We still see him in shadows and hear the occaional sound he might make.

russ
You'll do this for years, Russ! My Samoyed/Chow mix Max has been gone for 12 years, and I'll occasionally hear a jingle or something that sounds like his collar, and I'll look up expecting to see him. Happened again just a few weeks ago. Never could get myself another dog...

Sorry for your loss

1 - 17 of 17 Posts