Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something happened to me yesterday I thought would never happen, given the current tune of my Rex, I LOST!
Coming home from a friends house, me and my other mate were cruising down toorak road (trendy road in Melb, Aust where all the rich live) when we came across a lamborghini diablo, with the number plates DEVIL (Diablo is devil in Italian and spanish) it was absolutely stunning. About 300-350 meters down the road, his lane finished, so I knew he was gonna gun it. Now, I've beaten a diablo before, so I thought, no sweat. Well, I stuffed up the start, grinded a gear resulting in me destroying 2nd gear (must of been nervous with my mate in the car, which is an exxcellent driver), and he beat me. I was so embarrased, oh well.....

·
Registered
376 Posts
oh well. at least u have balls to post ur death and make this part of the forum more exciting... keep fighting!

·
Registered
155 Posts
exactly like silver2002wrx said

G

·
I just want to be notified of any responses to this thread.

So since your some kind of Diablo Killer, what kind of Diablo was it? One of the latest Diablos released the slowest one does 0-61 in 3.95 sec, weighs only 500 lbs more than us and has over 500 Hp.

Love to see your mods man, Got any video, ever run a 1/4" mile, got a slip?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Ouch... that's really sucks. It's nice to WRXs are going head to head with supercars though, I'm very proud. Yeah what do u have on your car right now and are you goign to do more to your car for your next encounter with a supercar?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is the best part...

Now, I've beaten a diablo before, so I thought, no sweat

hmmmmmmmm Diablo vs WRX?????????????
maybe the Diablo was parked?

:p :p

sorry man, don't mean to bust your balls, but it sounds funny.

G

·
Wait a sec he could be write after all I've taken Ferraries before in my Old 2.5RS

Off course they didn't realize I was racing them.

It was close too.

·
Registered
932 Posts
FYI

Wrex4life has posted his mods before on this thread:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=615

His Aussie WRX has been featured in several magazines, if I remember correctly, and is considered one of the fastest in the world.

Wrex4life claims he ran 10.4 sec in the 1/4 mile. By comparison Road and Track ran the Diablo VT Roadster at 13.0 in the 1/4 and the Diablo 6.0 at 12.0 in the 1/4.

[edit] Here's his car as featured on Autospeed.com:
http://www.autospeed.com/image.html?LOC=/images&IMG=0986_2&REZ=mg

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Um, HA HA!!

I would just like to take this opportunity to tell all of you that doubted Wrex4life that I was laughing at you when I read thelatest post by bedabi.

Maybe we'll keep our poo mouth comments to ourselves next time!

-Jim :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks PlatinumWRX for your support. As I am from Aust, I usually log on when you guys are sleeping or something, so I had no time to back up my claims until now, but somebody bet me to it! I won't get pissed by the comments that were made earlier, If you hadn't read my earlier post, I could see how it might sound like bullshit. I hope you have some faith in me and other readers from now on.
cheers.

Green WRX Sedan
450hp at the wheels
1/4mile 10.403 @134mph

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Good Stuff :) This thread tought some of us a lesson! BTW WRX4Life, where were you when I posted who has the fastest WRX here? Hehe.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, first of all I´d suggest people read whats on the forum before they sign up and start posting their mouth off.... Wrex4Life, i read about your car... damn congrats man, I whish it was mine!
Another thing, the WRX has only been out in the US for a couple of months... Impreza perfornamnce is NOTHING NEW. It is the reason the US market wants it now, not for looks, not for safety, not for luxury. Here in Peru, I have seen tuned Impreza GTs (old Gen.) embarrass tuned BMW 850 Is, Porsche 911 Turbos, etc...
So don´t make fools of yourselves crying bullshit too soon.
Cheers,
Max

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your right MMC_555, here in Australia (and as you say, Peru) we have had the WRX for years (its been here since late 93) so we have hade several years to build up good aftermarket performance support to build ballistic missles (the nick name I give my Rex,hehe)
BlazinWRX1, I hade the username problem when you put out that thread, I didn't want to post until it was fixed, just in case you guys thought I was an imposter (funny how everyone thought I was an imposter with my username, in this thread, hehehe)
Anyway, keep boosting.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wrex4Life, man I just whish there was a real aftermarket for ANy brand here.... (something about being in the third world.... heheh)
Even though things are beginning to pick up, most fixed up cars had to order and pay ridiculous amounts of money for parts from the UK and Australia. The Honda crowd could always get their hands on US parts a lot more easily. Anyways good luck with fixing your gearbox... BTW what brand/type is it?
Cheers,
Max

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gearbox

I have a fully customized racing 5-speed dogbox. All forward gears are dog engangement. It is a bit of a pain on the street, but luckily I dont drive much in city traffic or else I wouldn't be able to handle it. (Noisy and hard to engage) You really have to 'slam' the gears into the slot, or else it just doesn't want to know. It is a special order gearbox from Tony Rigoli Performance, as used in their WRX, which is the fastest in the world.
10.01 @ 141mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been bulletproof since I bought it, the only reason it broke was because I stuffed up my change into 2nd (no room for error with the power I have) Luckily just 2nd has been stripped, so it wont be toooo expensive to rebuild just that gear. People always ask me, is it worth having that much power with all the compromises (the gearbox is only one of a few) And I take them for a quick spin, and when my car hits max boost, they nod, knowing it is well worth it.
Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
333 Posts
People asking if its worth having all that power.... thats what happens when people JUST DON´T KNOW.
By the way, just curious... if you went through the expense of a full custom dog box, why not get a six speed? Is it way more expensive, or just not worth it? Maybe some time you´ll upgrade to an XTrac 6 dog box.... heheh

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.