roughness at idle

hesitation off the line

jerkyness in acceleration in 2nd/3rd gears

jerkyness during deceleration in all gears

but after the mod....

idle was smoothed out

no hesitation off the line - better throttle response i'd say

smooth accel/decel across the board :D

this is such a sweet mod, especially for those w/ unichips in the car, it helps alot

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all bought at Car Toys, so kinda expensive, but the build quality and look was worth it

first off i got gold plated tongue rings (6 total)
4 gauge cool blue wire (8 feet)

here are my connections:
from battery to intake manifold
battery to strut tower
battery to passenger strut tower

the cool semitranspentn blue wires dress up the engine bay a little bit. btw, 8 feet of wire was exactly how much i needed to do those connections

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Their was some talk on i-club that people noticed the hesitation coming back after two weeks. They said the reason why it only worked for two weeks was because the ecu was reset when you disconected your battery and then after two weeks it was back to its old ways. Anyone here notice that? Penguinking, keep us informed after two weeks if its still working good, would like to know.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've had mine done for a couple months now and mine never came back :D . Great mod for not much $. I only ran 2 wires. Negative battery cable to driver's side strut tower and battery to intake bolt. I also removed a couple factory grounds and scraped the paint off so it was metal on metal.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sure thing, i'll keep you guys updated on everything, but just a sidenote: i didn't reset my ecu, so i don't know if i'll be running into that problem or not

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is there any point in spending $100 on an aftermarket grounding mod, or is the benefit 100% similar to the DIY version?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't know anyone who bought an aftermarket grounding kit, but there is NO WAY I could justify buying one. Save the money and DIY.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well there ya go - you used 8 gauge, whereas i used 4 gauge all around, so my setup might be a lil more expensive than some other ppl's, but the difference that i'm seeing in the car, it was all worth it.

the 4 gauge wire was 3.50 per foot: times 8 feet
the gold plated connectors (6 of them at 2.50 each)

add it all up and what do you get?
$43 total, about 47 with tax.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Schaf100 said:
Is there any point in spending $100 on an aftermarket grounding mod, or is the benefit 100% similar to the DIY version?
i don't really think theres any noticable difference between 3 grounds, and adding another 3. from what i can see, as you continue to add more grounds, the benefit from each additional ground decreases, so once you have 3-4 or so, adding 4 more won't help you much.

plus i noticed a big change in the car and my setup costs less than $50

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nexus6 said:
I dunno...now im thinking about just getting the hks circle earth...
All you're doing is paying someone else to put the package together for you, with some nice decals, or something. I wouldn't waste the time on that (or money). Just go buy some wires and do it yourself.

Would you buy a K&N filter kit from hks for $100 or just go buy a K&N filter from Autozone for $50? Same sort of thing....

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah...i mean, if ur looking to make your car a show car, then maybe its worth it, but in terms of actual utility and stuff, dont get teh circle earth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts