Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes it can be made to fit. 2015 ej257 really isnt much different than a 2011 ej257 as found in the 2011 hatch STi.

·
Super Moderator
10,887 Posts
Sure. You’ll need to figure out the dual avcs but physically it’s exactly the same as the 255

·
Æternum
15,471 Posts
I would install an OEM longblock.

What's wrong with your existing motor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zax,
I was racing my friend and I hit 3rd gear already red lining and I was ready for he next gear but I accidentally shift back into 2nd gear and the engine blown. I mean like at first it had a rod knock but I couldn’t tow it because I live on hawaii I drove it all the way home. And now it’s bad ticking like shaking nails in a box. But we are going to get a new engine perhaps the same ej255

·
Æternum
15,471 Posts
Zax,
I was racing my friend and I hit 3rd gear already red lining and I was ready for he next gear but I accidentally shift back into 2nd gear and the engine blown. I mean like at first it had a rod knock but I couldn’t tow it because I live on hawaii I drove it all the way home. And now it’s bad ticking like shaking nails in a box. But we are going to get a new engine perhaps the same ej255
If you are installing a full longblock, go with the EJ255.

If not, have the block disassembled and figure out what was damaged.

·
Æternum
15,471 Posts
Xjman wouldn’t I have to get the sti front and back axles as well too?
No, but there is no advantage to installing an EJ257 in your car.

·
Super Moderator
10,887 Posts
Why would you need axles? I’m confused as to that line of thought.

You’ve got multiple options. All of them extremely expensive. So your cheapest is probably buying a used long block then having the block rebuilt and the heads machines followed by new shortblock and rebuilt heads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts