ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been lookng in to gettin a car for a while now im like 16 and a half now... i just dont see the point in a honda anymore.... and i looked into the wrx and.. wow... just speechless.... im going to get a wrx by the end of this month.. and i have a question about the turbo.. all i need is a BOV right? i dont have to change the pistons or anything right?... thanks everyone.... !! and for the BOV im thinking about.... Turbo XS type rfl... is that any good?.. thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like in high school i dont have much money but after high school i will ahve money.. so i guess for my high school years.. i want it to sound good and be stock.. then like.. senior year in hs put in an exaust im thinkin... hks or borla

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you mean sell the car.. in college im going to use it for tracks.. but for now since i dnot have money i cant do much.. so i just want it to sound nice with the bov

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is it cool if i just get a bov for right now? then wait a couple of months then put in an up pipe? i want a xs engineering up pipe

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
get the uppipe first.

the BOV is asking for problems. you'll have much better turbo sound w/ the uppipe, and it'll give you less turbo lag (boost 500 rpms sooner), and about 10 hp.

plue, you'll be lowering EGTs, which is the first thing you need to do on the WRX

dR

·
Registered
169 Posts
yes.. sell the car... you dont deserve it..

heh but with all sarcaism aside..

bov doesnt do anything for your car except make noises... and if you are a crappy driver who likes to let off the acceleration pedal over and over .. other people will hear that you suck at driving...

with 500 to spend.. why not just make 100 more and get an accessport...

99.9% of the people on this board will say that accessport will be your greatest 1st mod.. or atleast a hell of a lot better mod than a bov..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont have the car yet, thats the thing.. i wanted to know if its ok if i just get the car put in the BOV and just drive in it for a like a day then take it off cause i want to try it out.. the spooling sound makes my hear stop ^__^ haha... cause i dont even have the 500 cause my parents are going to use it for the payment on my car and i need it before school starts cause everyone at my school needs to stop doggine me and shut up ^__^

·
Registered
907 Posts
Dont do a BOV just remove the stock silencer and do the up pie like said...Spend your money wisely and not pointless things like a bov.

Attain knowledge by surfing the forums and asking questions.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
dark_rex said:
get the uppipe first.

the BOV is asking for problems. you'll have much better turbo sound w/ the uppipe, and it'll give you less turbo lag (boost 500 rpms sooner), and about 10 hp.

plue, you'll be lowering EGTs, which is the first thing you need to do on the WRX

dR
I would listen to the man^^^,..... Instead of the B.O.V......

Your fast enough to not need to impress the Rice boys...;)

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
WeaponReX said:
i dont have the car yet, thats the thing.. i wanted to know if its ok if i just get the car put in the BOV and just drive in it for a like a day then take it off cause i want to try it out.. the spooling sound makes my hear stop ^__^ haha... cause i dont even have the 500 cause my parents are going to use it for the payment on my car and i need it before school starts cause everyone at my school needs to stop doggine me and shut up ^__^
Buy a gutted O.E.M upipe (Around $75)....

Then go on E-Bay and buy the electronic simulated B.O.V..

Prob solved;)

Shotgun

1 - 20 of 27 Posts