Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about Force Performance.

1.Who has one

2.Boost that you are running

3.Othe Mods

4. Can you run the hybrid turbo with stock ECU, Fuel Injectors and pump.

5.What boost to run with the Hybrid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one, I installed it a few weeks ago. I've been running with stock boost, ECU and fuel system since then. It makes a little less power down low, and a little more further up the RPM band. I plan to install some STi injectors and my TurboXS Unichip, freshly re-mapped for FP/STi, this weekend. It's set to run 17 lbs boost. Turbo XS got 250whp from this map on the dyno.

Other mods: MRT turboback, PDE up pipe, Samco hoses, Vishnu UD pulley.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocky WRX

Did you notice a diffrence in power or performance when you installed the FP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I installed it, I pulled my Unichip and went back to stock boost/ECU. Like I said before, the FP turbo gives up a little power at lower RPMs, but is supposed be stronger than the stocker up top. I'll find out how much this weekend after I install the new Unichip map and injectors.

I'll post the results.

·
2,210 Posts
Rocky,
Obviously Mark got the Unichip back to you, then. Which day are you going to be putting the injectors in? I wouldn't mind swinging by your place and testing the results on the butt-dyno !

Dan is hooking me up with a TurboXS-tuned Unichip. Should be here in a week or two! I gotta get an EGT gauge installed, pronto!

-Pace

·
Registered
31 Posts
At this point, I'm not sure, it depends on the family situation. We might take the boys skiing saturday. The wife flies to Atlanta Sunday, so I'm a single dad after that. Saturday if no skiing, otherwise Sunday, but then the boys would have to ride along too. ;)

I'll let you know, glad to take you for a ride after it's installed. Great news regarding your Unichip. Are those springs on the way yet?

·
2,210 Posts
I think the Teins are on backorder; it sounds like they are selling like hotcakes right now. I'm very much looking forward to getting them installed, from both a style and a handling perspective.

I'm skiing Vail on Saturday. If I don't catch up with you this weekend, we could grab lunch next week. We should get a few more Denver WRX owners to join us...!

-Pace

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
gettin off topic, and i apologize, but just wanted to let ya know i'm gonna be at A-Basin tomorrow (saturday), if anyone is going there...
o-|-<) bryan

[edit: Sorry, accidentally clicked edit instead of quote]

·
2,210 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
gettin off topic, and i apologize, but just wanted to let ya know i'm gonna be at A-Basin tomorrow (saturday), if anyone is going there...
o-|-<) bryan

[edit: Sorry, accidentally clicked edit instead of quote]
Ok.. I'll try and get this into my own post this time:
--

Hardcore eh? I usually don't do A-basin till April. I've done Loveland several times this season though. I think I may be becoming a believer...!

-Pace

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
pace-
yeah its where my roommates are heading tomorrow (A-Basin), so i'm gonna go there. havent been there ever, so it'll be fun i'm sure. i probably dont have to say that Vail is my favorite. cant get enough of Blue Sky Basin...
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
43 Posts
You Colorado people are getting me jealous talking about skiing. I'm stuck here in Jersey with no snow. If I didn't take that trip to Whistler a couple of months ago I would have gone insane by now.

·
2,210 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
pace-
yeah its where my roommates are heading tomorrow (A-Basin), so i'm gonna go there. havent been there ever, so it'll be fun i'm sure. i probably dont have to say that Vail is my favorite. cant get enough of Blue Sky Basin...
o-|-<) bryan
Hit Blue Sky yesterday. Worst snow I have seen there this season... very icy, although their base is pretty good. Oh well, can't have it perfect everytime. It's still my favorite area...

-Pace

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
again i apologize to all that this does not have to do with the name of the thread, just one response....
pace-- A-Basin was no good either, conditions were a little icy, a lot windswept. we stayed half a day and left. I was a little sore from the gym, and we were all a little hungover, which didnt help the situation.... ;)
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK, I got the STi injectors and re-mapped Unichip installed Saturday, and repaired a leaky injector on Sunday. I wasn't able to really try it out until this morning's commute.

Something's still not right, as I can't make more than stock boost. I haven't had time to investigate yet, but I will take a look at the Unichip first, to make sure all the connectors are secure. It uses the stock boost solenoid, and I haven't touched that setup since I installed the Stage 1.5 Unichip ABC. It worked fine before I pulled the Unichip for re-mapping.

If I can't find any obvious problems, I will have to call TXS to see if they have any ideas.

·
2,210 Posts
Ignoring the boost readings; does it feel quicker than before? I'm just wondering if the FP map is configured with lower boost due to increased volumetric efficiency of the FP-modified turbo....

-Pace

·
Registered
31 Posts
My crudely calibrated butt dyno did not detect any difference between Friday (pre-FPUnichip/Sti injector install) and this morning. I doubt it will improve things noticeably without increasing the boost over stock.

I will do some more investigation over lunch today.

·
Registered
679 Posts
yeah, I've had the fp turbo for a while. I first installed it on a stock car. It bit @ss! no more low end and laggy. Then after the turboback, it was better. I then got the TXS unichip and it woke it up! There is MONSTER midrange with good top end (I'd hit the rev limiter all the time). The punch was rediculous. I was running on stock fuel.

Mark/Phil made 246whp stock injectors and 250whp with the STi ones. Basically, they make the same amount of power, but the stock injectors are wide open after ~6300 rpms and the STi injectors are perfectly under control.

hth, -C

btw, I no longer have the FP turbo. I'm running the stocker for now and am getting a VF23 or VF30 in a couple months.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rex N Effect said:
TypeC, why dont you have the FP turbo anymore and btw the vf30 is non-ball bearing which from what i have heard is not as reliable.
I don't have it because It wasn't enough for me. You're right, the 30 isn't bb, the 22 and 23 are. I'm still haven't decided on the 30 or 23. I was as much midrange as possible, but I don't want to get another turbo that's too small for me. The guy I sold it to ran a [email protected] with unichip, tback, uppipe, tmic, and that's about it.

-C

1 - 20 of 23 Posts