ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMPORTANT: This is not a noob question about mods. Read on to give some advice.

Long story short - I have the subaru mastercard and used it a ton while renovating my kitchen. I have amassed $300 in subaru bucks, all of which have to be spent at a dealer. They are a one-time use, so if I get a $30 oil change, they take the whole $100 certificate and give no change.

I need to spend $300 at a subaru dealer- not on traditional mods, but on authorized products. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a car cover, though I would rarely use it, a subaru/Momo shift knob (I already have the STi piston shift knob), and other than that I'm clueless. I already have a sub, roof rack, bumper cover, etc. There's not much to choose from I guess.

Any help would be greatley appreciated

·
Registered
647 Posts
im not sure if you have any mods to begin with? But take a look at those SPT products, maybe you can get the SPT catback if u dont already have one (i have it and it sounds awesome) or some suspension mods from them as well.

I know what u mean about the 30$ oil change, that would be really pointless to pay pretty much 100$ for that. Anywho, good luck.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2fastwrx3112 said:
im not sure if you have any mods to begin with? But take a look at those SPT products, maybe you can get the SPT catback if u dont already have one (i have it and it sounds awesome) or some suspension mods from them as well.

I know what u mean about the 30$ oil change, that would be really pointless to pay pretty much 100$ for that. Anywho, good luck.
What are they getting for the catback with installation?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Buy a bunch of shift knobs and resale them:p

But seriously...look into there springs.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't even thinking I could get "mods," more like accessories. But you all have me thinking.

Any work done by a subaru dealer would be warranty-safe, yes?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
dsel said:
I wasn't even thinking I could get "mods," more like accessories. But you all have me thinking.

Any work done by a subaru dealer would be warranty-safe, yes?
That's not a bad idea... You could buy a few parts, then use the $300 to have them dealer-installed.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for excellent suggestions. Right now, it's coming down to springs (maybe) or auto-dimming mirror. My exciting DC commutes might be made more exciting with springs, but my excursions out of town could be simplified with a compass.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
dsel said:
Thank you all for excellent suggestions. Right now, it's coming down to springs (maybe) or auto-dimming mirror. My exciting DC commutes might be made more exciting with springs, but my excursions out of town could be simplified with a compass.
True, but you can buy a cheap compass with more functionality for $15. ;)

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
snowcat said:
True, but you can buy a cheap compass with more functionality for $15. ;)

But it could void my compass warranty.

BTW, how much rougher will my ride get on lowered springs? It's already pretty $hitty on DC streets. (Thank you crackhead ex-mayor!)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
dsel said:
But it could void my compass warranty.

BTW, how much rougher will my ride get on lowered springs? It's already pretty $hitty on DC streets. (Thank you crackhead ex-mayor!)
Hahaha, that was good.

Probably a lot. But if it's on stock tires, not much. Lower profile = much harder ride. I've actually considered going back to stock tires from my rims.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Integra96 said:
Springs or STi short-shift kit.
I have the factory option short-throw already, arm rest extension, roof rails (never used!), STi piston shift knob, alpine xm tuner up in there. My wife gives the thumbs down on any noisy exhaust.

Looking like springs, if I stay on the stock tires.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
express_wagon said:
how about buying me a turbo gauge and an armrest extention, both i regret not buying from the dealer
forgot to mention I have the turbu gauge too. I can't remember the name of the package, but my wagon came "loaded" with basically every popular option except the mirror.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts