ClubWRX Forum banner

Which muffler should I put on my car (I own both)?

• STi (big rolled tip)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Prodrive

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a STi muffler installed on my car right now and I really like the sound of it. I don't like how big the tip is. I just got a Prodrive muffler as part of a package deal. I like the smaller tip on the Prodrive, but only heard it on a car once and it was brief.

I can't decide which to sell off and which to put on the car. I would apprecaite any opinions on this! I think I will add a poll...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but I am torn. I like the look of the Prodrive and the sound of the STi.

SonicYellowWRX said:
try em out and keep what you like. easy as that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you guys are convincing me that prodrive is the way to go. I might have to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Prodrive is a very nice classy muffler. It will not be obnoxiously loud either, even if you go catless. But hey, im biased, im picking my Prodrive up at the dealership this week!:D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
paragonwrx said:
Keep the STI, it sounds great, and you can sell the Prodrive for a lot more im guessin.

para
That's a good point. I was thinking that I might be able to get the same amount for either, considering that the STi can't be used to void your factory warranty. But maybe people don't care about that, really. I will have to do some searching and see if I can find any STi mufflers that have sold and for how much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I bought a 2005 STi exhaust w/1000miles on it for 200/shipped. I think I got a good deal it's shipping w/the midpipe as well.

The prodrive should sell for at least another c-note, likely more.

-tp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts