ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, phase 2 is complete. Drove out east today and test drove what will soon be my own '04 WRX Wagon. It is as clean as clean can be. Drives like a beaut and shifting is very crisp. The original tires have A LOT of life left on them. This guy definitely took care of this wagon. Only downside...I truly wasn't aware of how pronounced road noise was in these cars.

So....he's going to be on vacation for the next week, which means I won't be picking it up until the weekend of the 27th. Once I do, pics will be up shortly thereafter.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Only downside...I truly wasn't aware of how pronounced road noise was in these cars.
Glad you found a good one.:)

If you were looking for quite ride though, the Impreza is not a great choice.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the decibels I play my music, road noise won't be much of an issue.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
to me the road noise is welcome. to me it means they were trying to save weight.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
to me the road noise is welcome. to me it means they were trying to save weight.
+1 haha i listen to my music at 10 volume max, even though i have an exhaust. The boxer rumble is music to my ears

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hehe..Yeah, it's true. I love my WRX Wagon to death, but on the highway it sounds like a damned lumber truck in the cabin. It's okay, I'm used to it - my wife's Ford Focus is the same way.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hehe..Yeah, it's true. I love my WRX Wagon to death, but on the highway it sounds like a damned lumber truck in the cabin. It's okay, I'm used to it - my wife's Ford Focus is the same way.
haha i liked how u described it, o well it is a econo car. I think the legacy is much better. my friend's Mazda's are so quiet...

·
Registered
243 Posts
when i drive my wrx, it seems loud to me. I put the volume on my gps at about 60%. Last night i drove my old jeep up to go snowboarding and i had to turn the volume up to 100 percent, and it still wasnt too loud. after last night, the wrx seemed verrrry quiet haha

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Well folks, phase 2 is complete. Drove out east today and test drove what will soon be my own '04 WRX Wagon. It is as clean as clean can be. Drives like a beaut and shifting is very crisp. The original tires have A LOT of life left on them. This guy definitely took care of this wagon. Only downside...I truly wasn't aware of how pronounced road noise was in these cars.

So....he's going to be on vacation for the next week, which means I won't be picking it up until the weekend of the 27th. Once I do, pics will be up shortly thereafter.
Congrats! We look forward to the pics. Road noise? Nothinng a 3" diameter stainless steel sound system won't fix. :)

Moving to Everyday Impreza Talk ...

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
To combat road noise...just accelerate. Boxer Rumble FTW:cool:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3" diameter sound system......mmmmmmmmmm......I'm going to wait until the warranty expires (10/09) before i do any performance mods. For now I'm just to get to know her better.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I always hated the road noise in my civic. Truthfully my 07WRX is about the same, no better, no worse... however, the WRX comes with the benefit of road feel which my 04 Civic Value Package (el cheapo) was lacking.

Don't get me wrong, the civic is a great car, but the WRX has all the durability, 10x the giggle and laughs, 2x the HP and TQ, 2x the drive wheels, and about 1/2 the fuel mileage.

Well, you can't win 'em all.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
with my 18's and summer tires...itsa bit loud, but stockers and re92's its not so bad

i also have 60lb's of dynamat on the floor of my car. :tongue:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts