ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ok, I have a small pond in my back yard. We have some pretty good sized Koi (Japanese show fish) in the lower pond. Well this morning at 4:00 am. A raccoon decides to try and fish out some of our Koi. This is the second time in a month that one has tried to take a fish. The first time, a huge raccoon took my favorite fish and made a snack of it. This was while I was out of town so I was pretty sad :(. Well this time when I heard something splashing around I got up and grabbed my little spring airsoft gun.I opened the door and looked outside and saw a raccoon. The raccoon looked at me for a second and I looked at it trying to figure out what it was at first. Then it occured to me what it was so I shot the thing in the butt with the airsoft gun. It must have jumped 4 feet in the air. After doing a back flip it bolted towards my fence and struggled to climb over it. I shot at it again but missed and the thing was gone. The rest of the night, or morning in this case, sucked. Every little sound made me look out the window to see if it was back. I really got mad when I saw it was now 5:30 in the morning and how light it was outside. Then birds started chiping. To make things better I had to get up at 8:30 to go to work.:mad: I hate raccoons!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I helped my Dad put a pond in his back yard. Once he got some fish in there, it didn't take long for the coons to find them. Like you, he had Koi. A few really nice ones too. He tried all kinds of stuff. Electric fence wire, motion sensing sprinklers.. which worked for a while, but racoons are damn smart. He no longer has a racoon problem, because he no longer has any fish. :(

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
you can pick up live traps and then just stick a 22 in teh cage and put em to rest if its legal in the area.

we had to do that all the time in missouri to coons and possum b/c they were constantly coming into the garage after the catfood.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
gusto said:
you can pick up live traps and then just stick a 22 in teh cage and put em to rest if its legal in the area.

we had to do that all the time in missouri to coons and possum b/c they were constantly coming into the garage after the catfood.
LMAO I don't think its legal here. Plus my neighbors would probably call the popo's. We just got one of those live traps, hopefully it will go into it so we can take the thing up to the mountains.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
tell you what man, i still think possums are the scariest looking animal ever.

espescially when youre walking outside in your underware to get a beer out of the fridge and those little bastards are staring back at you with those beady evil little eyes.

EHHEH...i hate those things wit ha passion.

let the racoon go in a field next to some bears. let nature take its course.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Yeah I'd shoot it, then take the revenge even further and make some coon hash and eat the bugger.

racoon is not the best meat.... but it's not that bad.

Even better, you could take it to a taxidermist and have a souvineer (sp)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Perhaps this will make you feel better... the other morning I was driving along and saw a decapitated raccoon in the middle of the road. Whatever hit it took it's head (erm not so clean) off.

My condolences to your fish (and raccooon lovers who will undoubtedly crash this thread ;) )

-tp

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
lol... Grrrr at raccoons. If it comes back tonight, I'll hit it with my full auto AEG airsoft gun. That should make it think twice about coming back to our pond. We need to buy some netting to put over the pond when I leave for vacation. Thats the last thing I would want to see... I get home and all our fish are gone. I think I would probably go raccoon hunting every weekend if that were to happen. :p

·
Registered
466 Posts
The biggest raccoon I've ever seen obstructed my way in the bike path earlier this summer very late at night. It didn't move when it saw me coming, I didn't want to hit it, and bailed off my bike. My bike went into the creek. I had to go fishing for my bike. Racoons are not my favorite either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts