ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got my exhaust part of the RFL today. and i need to install it. im new to installing exhausts it. it came with the Cu gasket and stell gasket so do i take the end of the exhaust put that up to the cu gasket and then steel gasket then the factory gasket then the factory mid pipe. do i use the bolts that came with it or the factory ones? or are those to short. and where do i put these little washer thingys? and yes i got 2 bolts and washer things please help im a noob with this. thanks guys

Jason

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm not quite sure whether you have any other exhaust parts to install because I installed the entire Turbo XS system at once and this is my second time changing exhausts but looking at the diagram that I got for the fitting kit, it looks like it goes - factory midpipe - factory gasket - steel gasket - Cu gasket - RFL muffler - then the supplied bolts.

But when I installed the entire system, I don't have the factory gasket anymore so I just used the supplied ones. I also didn't use the supplied lock washers or nuts because there was not enough space on the back side of the bolt to put them on. The screw bolts held the midpipe and muffler together well enough that I didn't see a need to use different bolts.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ i did it and yea thats how it goes works and dosnt leak... i didnt use the nut/locking washer eaither their wasnt enough room also, and its tight as hell and holding up fine. if you need anymore help SEAN just PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts