Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was driving home from my tutors house and I merged on to the freeway. It was a 4 lane free way so I decided to go to the way left. So I speed up and and got to the very left lane. Then I started slowling down. But I guess it was too late because there was a cop on the left and it pulled me over. He said I was doing a 75 in a 60 which I cannot believe because I would not go that fast. He wrote me down as a 70 in a 60. The fine is $76 bucks. He was real nice about it. He said he couldnt give a warning since I was going 15 over. Anyways my real question is, what can I do to wave this? What are all my options? Please help. This is my first ticket and I am on that intermediate liscense.

Jason

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Yeah, check to see if there's a radar # or at least the speed you were actually going on the ticket. Remember, the new police chief of the WA State Patrol dictated to all State Troopers that if they pull over anyone going at least 15 over, they have to give a ticket no matter what. Dunno what else to tell you bud :(

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
If its worth it to you get a lawyer and get them to plea-bargain you down to like a 1 point defective vehicle or something. You've really never had a ticket before?!?!?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
GV27 said:
If its worth it to you get a lawyer and get them to plea-bargain you down to like a 1 point defective vehicle or something. You've really never had a ticket before?!?!?
did u notice he said 'intermediate license' ? i dunno about there.. but here in MO they are hella strict on young drivers... they would easily take a license away for 15 over the limit here...

-Mike
[email protected]

PS: a lawyer can do wonders ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Verdugo said:
Yeah, check to see if there's a radar # or at least the speed you were actually going on the ticket. Remember, the new police chief of the WA State Patrol dictated to all State Troopers that if they pull over anyone going at least 15 over, they have to give a ticket no matter what. Dunno what else to tell you bud :(
WA State Patrol will be geting a lot tougher and will be running more radar than ever. The new chief is from New Orleans, all of the PDs in the south use radar as a revenue generation source.:mad:

·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my friend got a ticket and she asked for it to be defeard. So she is off the hook. Im gonna do the same and buy a V1.

Jason

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
MJU1983 said:

did u notice he said 'intermediate license' ? i dunno about there.. but here in MO they are hella strict on young drivers... they would easily take a license away for 15 over the limit here...

-Mike
[email protected]

PS: a lawyer can do wonders ;)
No, I didn't notice. I'm still getting used to this 16 year-old kid in a $25k car thang. Oh well, the first of many tickets then.

·
895 Posts
btw, i took defensive driving to get my ticket off the record - that was 6 hrs of my life that would've been better spent if i were picking up trash along the highway. yes, even that would've been more enjoyable

GV27 said:

No, I didn't notice. I'm still getting used to this 16 year-old kid in a $25k car thang. Oh well, the first of many tickets then.
Muwaahhhahahahah!!! we're everywhere - watch out!!! ;)

inconspicuous 17yr old
|
|
|
|
V

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Dear Lord! Get over it! Torturing yourself over a speeding ticket is unnecessary. Did you hurt anyone or is it just your wallet that sustained the blow?

I've had dozens of speeding tickets. It's kind'a like sex, you get used to it - but it's still makes you feel special once it's done!

But if you drive a fast car, it's inevitable you'll run afoul of the authorities. And you're going to get "trophies" for your efforts. Sexual trophies are better, but they're only trophies, too. In a couple of days it'll all be forgotten.

BTW. This is not a flame on PhreeZe. Some people here are very sensitive. Think of it as speaking to your "Dutch Uncle."

misterx

·
895 Posts
kinda hard for me to "take it easy" when it comes to speeding tickets - i can only get 1 ticket dismissed a year through def. driving; any more tickets go permenantly on my record. and i think more than 2 violations in a year = my license gets suspended :eek:

·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Penguinking said:
kinda hard for me to "take it easy" when it comes to speeding tickets - i can only get 1 ticket dismissed a year through def. driving; any more tickets go permenantly on my record. and i think more than 2 violations in a year = my license gets suspended :eek:
This is exactly what I'm thinking. But Peng do you know if you get 2 tickets within the 1st year of your liscense, you get your liscense suspended?

·
895 Posts
yeeeesh!!! thats rough

i think thats what i was hinting at, but i dunno for sure - maybe the laws are differnt in wash than in tex. either way, would i still get my licsense suspended? (cause i got my license at 16 and i'm 17 now so its been more than a year already)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Well, don't get any more tickets.

I haven't had one in about seven months now. But that was in California and doesn't matter except for the fine.

This isn't rocket science. Pick you opportunities carefully.

misterx

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
DJRez has a site you may want to check out. PM him and ask him for the link.

<----Goes to court tomorrow for a 85 in a 60mph zone ticket and has a nice new radar detector to avoid future incidents.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Penguinking said:
btw, i took defensive driving to get my ticket off the record - that was 6 hrs of my life that would've been better spent if i were picking up trash along the highway. yes, even that would've been more enjoyable
When I was in CA, I got a ticket for going 35-40 in a 25mph zone. I was able to take driving class at home. It's more expensive but it beats going to a traffic school for 2 days. They rent the video and computer terminal at Blockbuster. You rent it, take it home, watch the hella boring videos and take the tests on the computer. Unfortunatley, You have to wait in between tests about 1 hour but it takes about 6 hours of your day and you don't have to go anywhere. There are some questions in there that you can only answer if you watch the video because they have nothing to do with traffic laws. It sucks but I thought it was well worthwhile. If you pass, you get the ticket taken off your record but you can't get another ticket for a year.
Phreeze, you might have to check your local laws because much of this stuff will probably not apply to you. I hope that you won't have anymore trouble from this other than just paying the ticket.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Word of advise, keep you eyes peeled and don't get caught!:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
PhreeZe said:
Ok so I was driving home from my tutors house and I merged on to the freeway. It was a 4 lane free way so I decided to go to the way left. So I speed up and and got to the very left lane. Then I started slowling down. But I guess it was too late because there was a cop on the left and it pulled me over. He said I was doing a 75 in a 60 which I cannot believe because I would not go that fast. He wrote me down as a 70 in a 60. The fine is $76 bucks. He was real nice about it. He said he couldnt give a warning since I was going 15 over. Anyways my real question is, what can I do to wave this? What are all my options? Please help. This is my first ticket and I am on that intermediate liscense.

Jason

I have had a ticket reduced by simply calling the magistrate's office and asking for a reduction in the speed. That may help you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts