Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 White Base WRX.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....as a gift from the dealer for buying a base model WRX. Hi. I'm new here. Had a 2007 Mazdaspeed3 that I loved DEARLY. Had a company car for the last six years and made a career move recently, so I had to make a car purchase, so now I'm here! Been a while since last being on a forum. So sorry if I do a couple things wrong... I'm rusty!

·
Super Moderator
11,433 Posts
I dig that mug. I got a handshake when I bought my legacy, wrx, and Forester. I need to demand a sweet mug next time

·
Registered
2021 White Base WRX.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dig that mug. I got a handshake when I bought my legacy, wrx, and Forester. I need to demand a sweet mug next time
Oof! I shouldn't bring up the snap back hat or the carabiner clip that came in the goodie bag they gave me too, huh? 🤣

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
Congrats!

Wife owned a 2008 Mazaspeed back in the day. Great car. Wasn't terribly reliable though.

·
Registered
2021 White Base WRX.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!

Wife owned a 2008 Mazaspeed back in the day. Great car. Wasn't terribly reliable though.
I heard a lot of people had issues early on, but I got pretty lucky. I like to say that I didn’t drive it hard... but I’ve tracked it multiple times. Sold it with 120k on it and felt like it was still going strong. Maybe one of the synchros were getting ready to take a dump, but other than that just normal wear. Oh, front sway bar bushing were known to be loose and always clunked over bumps.

Hey, sorta off topic question for anyone, and I’m sure I can search it, but when you first start up the WRX, is there a fake noise that comes from the speakers? I can’t explain the noise, and it sounds cool. But if it’s fake....... sorta embarrassing.
I remember hearing that a lot of car companies started putting in ”enhanced noises” to help because they’re too quiet anymore. Please tell me Subaru didn’t do that

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
To my knowledge, no.... Subaru never jumped on the sound synthesizer fad. The STI came closest with an induction tube that was piped into the cabin for sound purposes.

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts