ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i just sold my show car (honda civic) and i now have 10G to spend on my 05 WRX. I only want performance stuff to make it a lot faster.

heres what I already got...
-Cobb stage 2 map
-HKS turboback hi power exhaust with downpipe
-AEM intake
-Boost controller
-Gauges
-Custom wheels from Maxxim with Nitto street tires
-2in lowerd suspension from Eibach Sportline
-alot of other exterior stuff and interior stuff.

Ok heres what i plan on doing....
-Bigger turbo from APS
-Front mount
-7.5 injectors
-Bigger fuel pump
-Nitrous wet spray:screwy:
-meth injection:thumbup:
-more gauges and tuner

Looking to get somewhere in the high 4's or 5's in power or as much as i can get for 10G

ANY SUGGESTIONS???????? I NEED YOUR HELP!
:D

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Transmission - while your car will be down for your build, you may as well get a new transmission, because I doubt yours will last if you have that intent.

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
STI transmission + drivetrain - $6000
APS SR56 "red" turbo - $2000
750 cc injectors - $350
Used Accessport - $450
FMIC - $800
dynotune - $400

I forgot the exhaust... but you could buy a less expensive turbo and use that $$ toward the exhaust.

I've seen STI drivetrains sell for as low as $3500, so if you can do better than $6K, you could use that extra $$ for accessories, guages, shifter, wheels, swaybars, and all the "minor" supporting mods, etc.

Such a vague question.... and everyone has a different opinion.... this is just the route that "I" would go, if I were interested in performance only.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to mention i got a short shifter. but yea i need a new clutch too cus that will go really fast. I got an exhaust and accessport.

·
Admin - Scooby Hooligan
23,369 Posts
imho ...sell the 05wrx +10k buy used 05 STI (hopefully u can find one in the 22-25k range which should leave you some $$ change then start going for 400-500hp from there.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,138 Posts
You may not like my advice but you did asked so...

If you still owe money on it then the best thing would be to pay the money towards your debt. Doing all kinds of mods to a car that you still owe a bunch of money on, would just NOT be smart at all.

If you own the car already then Savings would be the second best option. If you don't owe any money on it and just "have to" spend the 10 Gs then you can go for broke I suppose. However, you may even want to consider trading your WRX in, adding the 10k and get an STi. That way you would have a seriously upgraded WRX only you would ALSO have some warranty and resale value, as well.

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
I'm coming back with second thoughts on your "planned" upgrades

-Cobb stage 2 map -Ges, get the AP, you still need a dynotune though.
-HKS turboback hi power exhaust with downpipe - fine
-AEM intake - waste of $$
-Boost controller - waste of $$
-Gauges - fine
-Custom wheels from Maxxim with Nitto street tires - fine
-2in lowerd suspension from Eibach Sportline - too low

Ok heres what i plan on doing....
-Bigger turbo from APS - good
-Front mount - fine
-7.5 injectors - good
-Bigger fuel pump - yup
-Nitrous wet spray - nope.... stupid idea
-meth injection - don't think you'll need it, lots of $$ for supporting mods/tune
-more gauges and tuner - ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty much what J said. get out of dept. also my opinion is that u get the STI with teh extra 10g's. great upgrade plus factory warrenty. plus good platform for ur power goals.
-Jonathan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the thing is guys, i got money... but still owe payments on my subi. I cant sell it till im done paying it off. I want to keep it for awhile though because Im moving to orlando over the summer. I just want to get the best for my buck. i got other cars just to let u all know for everyone that is saying i should sell it for a sti. the reason i got the wrx was because everyone here drives STI's and i wanted to buy a rex and beat all them. sounds stupid i know but i love my wrx, i just want to put that 10 grand in it and i just want to know wat i can get for the best bang for my buck. i really dont care about HP numbers. i just want somthing fast you know? something i actually tuned unlike my viper.

-thanks guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also heard #1 flaw with getting power to the Rex is the top intercooler with the small scoop. Then you should get a front mount because the induction sucks on the wrx and since the STI has a bigger scoop it gets better airflow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-Cobb stage 2 map
-HKS turboback hi power exhaust with downpipe
-AEM intake
-Boost controller
-Gauges
-Custom wheels from Maxxim with Nitto street tires
-2in lowerd suspension from Eibach Sportline

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
-AEM intake
-Boost controller
-AP
-HKS turboback hi power exhaust with downpipe<---junk
First off, sell those.

Then buy:
PPG gear set
Cobb 2.5 short block
Cobb heads
Custom Cams
3 port BCS
injectors
Forza rotated manifold
FMIC
AEM or Hydra EMS
Water/Meth
Turbo ported and coated (~GT32 or td06h-20g)
EL headers w/ UP
Hours of tuning
A good bell mouth TBE
2.5RS hood
FP
Custom intake depending on turbo
Relocate MAF
BOV/BPV

That should more than eat up your $10,000 and no doubt I have forgotten something.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Perty young.
The hell you say!!:mad:

Make friends, talk to friends, race friends, make team with friends, take over the streets with friends...TUNER LIFE
This is undoubtedly the thought process of a responsible 30 something.

:rotfl:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts