ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...... Still fairly new just wondering if I've already upgraded to a full Cobb stage 2 what's next what other stuff can do I I'm itching!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Doesn't work that way; give us something to work with...

Are you looking for power, feel, handling, aesthetics, etc.?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Doesn't work that way; give us something to work with...

Are you looking for power, feel, handling, aesthetics, etc.?
This.

Gotta set some goals for what you want to get out of your car.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
lokey said:
Pro tune?
If he's looking to do a Protune, why not consider throwing a few other things on while he's at it. Intake, TMIC, MBC/BCS, etc.

Without a stated budget/goal, advice is like Stevie Wonder playing darts...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already got the intake new Cobb map has a program for it, It also has a launch control and flat foot shift attached in the map. Idk I have to drive the car in the car in the winter in MN so I want something that is dependable that's why I've only done the stage 2 kinda nervous about going any higher. I was thinking maybe a little cosmetic but then I want it to hold up in the winter. Second thing is suspension and brakes.... But idk lol

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
King1502 said:
I was thinking maybe a little cosmetic but then I want it to hold up in the winter. Second thing is suspension and brakes.... But idk lol
Aesthetics: tint, mudflaps
Suspension: Sways/endlinks, custom alignment, summer/winter tires
Brakes: pads, lines, fluid, master cylinder brace

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already got mudflap rally armor and I don't want tint because cops around here pull you over non stop and hassle u with it. So it's settled then sway bars and end links it is

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
For endlinks, people either have Kartboy or wish they did.

Sways is up to you. Hollow/solid. Whiteline makes a solid product. I prefer setups that have a slightly larger bar up front.

Since you're looking for handling, my advice is to hold off on purchasing anything until spring. Hit up some local Auto-X events and make friends with other drivers; go on ride-alongs for their runs. See how their car handles per their mods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what offers a good ride I drive about 60 miles a day in a freeway and they have be good in the winter

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
King1502 said:
So what offers a good ride I drive about 60 miles a day in a freeway and they have be good in the winter
Do you understand what sways/endlinks do for you?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
As Matt says...swaybars and endlinks.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
If he's looking to do a Protune, why not consider throwing a few other things on while he's at it. Intake, TMIC, MBC/BCS, etc.

Without a stated budget/goal, advice is like Stevie Wonder playing darts...
Yeah exactly. You need to start with your budget first of all, and then your goals. You gave some rough goals, but still didn't list a budget. More specific goals would help too. Are you ever planning to autox or track the car? How important is comfort and maintaining the existing ride quality?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I don't understand what the winter has to do with the parts mentioned...

With a budget of $5000 you can do a lot. The next question is whether you're going to do the work yourself, or does that include shop labor? If you do it yourself you save about $2000 in shop labor.

1. Sway bars and end links as previously posted are a definite next step.
2. Better brake pads and lines and fluid are in there.
3. What tires are you running now? Winter-specific tires are a must for MN so either you set aside $1000 for tires and swap them every season on your stock rims and pay mounting/balancing at $35/wheel or $140+ twice a year. For that price, I'd go for an entire winter wheel/tire setup from tire rack. It only takes 2 years to make yourself even on the cost, and after that you're saving money, plus you have another set of wheels to change the appearance of the car every 6 months. For a bit under $2k you can get the setup, but it eats into a lot of your budget. However, given that your tires are the only part of your almost 2 ton vehicle touching the road, it's the last place your should scrimp and the first place you should spend your money.
4. If you're doing the labor yourself, then a set of springs and struts would get my vote.

There's also minor less expensive items like a short shifter, some better audio components, and other appearance upgrades to consider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts