Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of surprised to not see much info in this forum for lighting improvement for the WRX.

Perhaps not looking in the right location. Anyway improving the lighting on my vehicles is important to me. I drive a lot at night/early morning to work, and it is thru deer country. My Xterra has Hella 500 driving lights, those lights have saved me from deer encounters so many times I can't even remember. So I began searching the subiespeed site and see 2 interesting options: one is the grill insert with 2 high intensity driving lights and the second option is the safari bar that you can mount lights to the bar, sort of rally car looking.

Has anyone done either option I mention?

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
You probably don't see a lot of information because the lighting is pretty good. Especially the LED lighting in the Limited or STi models. I've seen a few doing lighting upgrades, but it's mostly just people swapping halogen bulbs for LED bulbs, etc.

Check out Diode Dyamics, they have a lot of good options.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my current vehicles I have swapped out the white fogs for yellow, no big deal there, but the 500's on the Xterra are a bigger deal, saved me several times from collision with deer.

Looking to see which mount option was the best mainly, seeing if one mount option was superior to another, safari bar vs integrated grill mounted.

Good to know that they did quality lights out of the box on the WRX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.