ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im looking to get some opinions on new side skirts. I currently have stock sideskirts with jdm aeroguards :cool:. I just recieved some factory side strakes in an attempt to add some spice to this set up but im really not feeling it. doesnt seem to flow right, but I'd like to know what y'all think anyway :). Here are some photos, I basically taped them on before I did any drilling to see what it would look like.

What do you think would be a preferable set up? I have an sti version 2 front lip, and and oem rear lip. Thanks for your opinions, sorry about the not so great pictures, sun was glaring, and my camera skills are whack.

What do you think of the cwest side skirts with this setup? Im leaning towards those, but I cant seem to find many pics on actual cars with them, not the ones on store sites.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I agree with ebr0t... keep the strakes, lose the aeroguards. You know, it's kinda funny though - if you just look at the front half of the car, it kind of works - the lines from the front lip feed in nicely into the aeroguards. The same goes for the back - the strakes lead nicely into the rear lip. But for some reason, the two halves together just don't quite work. :confused:

BTW, really nice wheels!!! What color and brand are those?

-C

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arent the ver2 lip and aero guards the factory kit in japan? and the strakes and oem rear the factory kit in the us, why did they decide to go all curvy and indented with the us kit.

so i basically have a jdm front end and a us rear end. :eek3: :confused1

any pictures of some cwest skirts with a ver2 lip? that might look rad.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah! looks like it mates up pretty good, better than the setup i have. i think the oe rear might work too... mind if i bug you about where you bought it? :D

scrape on any speed bumps??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spooky said:
Get the EGR Aussie style sideskirts...they OWN all sideskirts
are those the, really sorta twisty side skirts? i dont know i kinda like the straighter look. maybe im thinkin of the wrong ones.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, i think they are sorta a bit too much for me, they look awesome on that one tho, props, i dont think i could pull it off.

heres a quick photoshop with bdr's pic, angle slightly off, colors off, matched as best i could, but i should really be working an not monitoring this thread. :wiggles:

·
Registered
241 Posts
AWDrifter21 said:
I think it flows and looks better without the rear sidestrakes.

just looks good with the front strakes...

when I said the rear side strakes...
sorry, i meant the side strakes on the side skirt (rear part)

i like the rear sidestrakes.. just not the ones on the sideskirt...
my bad.....

i was saying it flows better with just the front sideskirt strake and in my opinion i like it without the sideskirt rear strake.

·
Registered
241 Posts
vennt said:
hmm, i think they are sorta a bit too much for me, they look awesome on that one tho, props, i dont think i could pull it off.

heres a quick photoshop with bdr's pic, angle slightly off, colors off, matched as best i could, but i should really be working an not monitoring this thread. :wiggles:

what sideskirt is that on the white sube with the GramLights????

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think the front lip and guard look good together, and I think the strakes (rear guards?) look good with the rear lip. But together, it doens't work. Looks like two different cars.

-edit-
Looking at the pics again, it looks like the aeroguards and the front lip don't match the paint right. Maybe it's the camera?

·
Registered
241 Posts
GTScoob said:
I like the rears but the fronts look too chunky. I think your car might look good with some 04 STi side skirts.
not to rob the thread, but the STi sideskirts are just too skinny.... i personally dont like it, but looks decent on an STi, but I love the stock WRX sideskirts MUCH better....

vennt, your current setup is fine, but those sideskirts you photoshopped on looks good too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts