ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I know for a fact I want a WRX/STi. I also know that I want the new body style. My only issue right now is the avalibilty of these vechicles. I have 0 Subaru dealers in a 75 mile area with WRX/STi's in stock. Obviously there are not going to be any '11's shipped anymore. Is it worth it to drive an extra 30 miles to a bigger city just to test drive? I need to do something because I'm getting impatient and might purchase an older model. In the end I think I would regret this choice. So, let me know...what would you do?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well if you've never driven the car, I would def drive it before buying anything. You never know, you might actually hate it (highly doubt that tho) :p. But in my opinion, if you find one and test drive it and seem like you really are sure you want it, I would go for it seeing as you've already traveled almost 2 hours to get there?

Don't know what others would say so I would wait for a couple of more people to respond :O

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Well if you've never driven the car, I would def drive it before buying anything. You never know, you might actually hate it (highly doubt that tho) :p. But in my opinion, if you find one and test drive it and seem like you really are sure you want it, I would go for it seeing as you've already traveled almost 2 hours to get..
I agree

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys! I know for a fact I want a WRX/STi. I also know that I want the new body style. My only issue right now is the avalibilty of these vechicles. I have 0 Subaru dealers in a 75 mile area with WRX/STi's in stock. Obviously there are not going to be any '11's shipped anymore. Is it worth it to drive an extra 30 miles to a bigger city just to test drive? I need to do something because I'm getting impatient and might purchase an older model. In the end I think I would regret this choice. So, let me know...what would you do?
What these guys said, but don't give away your leverage. If possible don't let them know how far you drove to get there so you still have the option of "walking away". If the knew you took a road trip and are desperate they'll use it against you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There is a 2009 STi right down the street

I'm debating on trading my 2011 WRX on it

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a 2009 STi right down the street

I'm debating on trading my 2011 WRX on it
Well lucky you! Lol.

What these guys said, but don't give away your leverage. If possible don't let them know how far you drove to get there so you still have the option of "walking away". If the knew you took a road trip and are desperate they'll use it against you.
Very good point! Thanks!

Just a little more info. I have never driven any WRX or STi (well any Subaru for that matter) and this will be my first new car purchase. I'm 26 so it just feels like it time. Ever since I really started getting into cars I knew I loved the WRX line. They have been the only car I have dreamed about owning, I just never had the chance to own one. There is a lot of really good info on this forum about this so I knew I had come to the right place! Thanks for all your input and keep it coming :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts