Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else noticed this? it's hella-slow recently (even though it looks good) and everyone seems to be getting *****ier. i don't think i've seen a thread without a flame war in it :(

we gotta keep this board's atmosphere as laid-back as possible. so far, so good :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I no longer like i-club...I was just on there, and all of a sudden I can no longer post or search. The server will let me log in but as soon as I click on a link it logs me out. Really ticked me off because I typed a long question asking for help and it wouldn't post it because I wasn't logged in (but I was when I went to the page). Then when you click the back button what you typed is gone so I couldn't cut and copy to post it on another site. Too much crap to sort through on that site anyway. These sites make me miss being active in the vwvortex, no offense to anyone. This site is smaller than the vortex so I could go two days without checking and catch up very quickly, it's too slow for what I am used to. Oh well....screw me, myself and i-club.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,636 Posts
glepko said:
I no longer like i-club...I was just on there, and all of a sudden I can no longer post or search. The server will let me log in but as soon as I click on a link it logs me out. Really ticked me off because I typed a long question asking for help and it wouldn't post it because I wasn't logged in (but I was when I went to the page). Then when you click the back button what you typed is gone so I couldn't cut and copy to post it on another site. Too much crap to sort through on that site anyway. These sites make me miss being active in the vwvortex, no offense to anyone. This site is smaller than the vortex so I could go two days without checking and catch up very quickly, it's too slow for what I am used to. Oh well....screw me, myself and i-club.
we're a niche community. not just for suby, but for the wrx. instead of audiworld for all audi's, or even the corral which is just for one model, mustanges, we're just for one class of a model. what is there, 10K wrx's in the US? or was that just the first shipment.....

dR
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,750 Posts
dark_rex said:


we're a niche community. not just for suby, but for the wrx. instead of audiworld for all audi's, or even the corral which is just for one model, mustanges, we're just for one class of a model. what is there, 10K wrx's in the US? or was that just the first shipment.....

dR
First shippment was 10k, then they added 10k more :)

The only place I regularly post on I-Club is the local I-Club chapter. I don't like posting anywhere else because there just tends to be too many damn haters :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
As long as I live and breathe, clubwrx.net will never turn into another i-club. I won't stand for it and neither will our other moderators. Everyone who used to visit i-club knows how much better clubwrx.net is, I don't even have to say it!

-Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I concur.

I was happy to find another forum for Imprezas that had some people and posts on it. I'm sick of all the flame wars on there and the people who sit around and look for things to complain or disagree about. I don't like Altezzas, but if I see one more post flaming them I'm gonna kill someone!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
895 Posts
iv30 said:
I with you guys, I also need to get more people locally involved in this board. Myself included.
locally indeed. the south central forum sometimes doesnt see a fresh post for days. lets bring some life into this forum guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
long live clubwrx.net! hehe :)

are you guys still selling stickers? that's a good way to get the word out, and i'll buy 2 of em if you're still selling :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
895 Posts
TurboWRX said:
long live clubwrx.net! hehe :)

are you guys still selling stickers? that's a good way to get the word out, and i'll buy 2 of em if you're still selling :D
clubwrx stickers ARE - FOR - FREE!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Not only is it down, but when it's up it's very slow and the pages hang, and when that's not happening, the database connection is busy crashing. It's a PITA :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Penguinking said:


clubwrx stickers ARE - FOR - FREE!!! :D
woohoo! thats what i'm talkin about, hook me up! :)

can someone give me info on where to send envelope, what colors are available, etc? gracias.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
2,210 Posts
I-club frankly is run by a couple of kids, one of whom sees no shame in repeatedly bringing his forum into disrepute by expressing ignorant and ill-considered remarks while attacking his members. This also manifests itself as immature and ugly attitudes permeate down to the Nazis, I mean moderators, and from them into the chaos of membership below. There is also a divisive element of 'old-school' members who resent the newer WRX-oriented member base. To the casual observer the site would seem to be largely occupied by juveniles and pre-adolescents. To top it off, their servers apparently aren't up to the task of supporting the volume of traffic. The place is a shambles.

The thing I often get thrown at me is, 'I-Club has more technical content than ClubWRX'. This really isn't true; it's just an illusion. Certainly, there is more unsubstatiated and subjective technical opinion that purports to be scientifically proven fact. But really, there is little objective data that you can discover there that is not available here if you ask the right person the right questions. And you won't get flamed for asking it.

-Pace
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,750 Posts
iv30 said:
I with you guys, I also need to get more people locally involved in this board. Myself included.
You've got my help, Ivan!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top