Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Totally normal, I promise. :D

Actually, there is a song called "Short Stories with Tragic Endings" that I am ALWAYS listening to.

www.fromautumntoashes.com if you are interested.

·
1,379 Posts
Forsooth! I dig it, bigtrick. Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey bigtrick,

Is the full cd with music like that ? If so what is it called so I can either buy it or download some free songs like that.

What is that type of music classified as, always liked it but never really heard it except on the one off odd ocassion.

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Razor2001 said:
Hey bigtrick,

Is the full cd with music like that ? If so what is it called so I can either buy it or download some free songs like that.

What is that type of music classified as, always liked it but never really heard it except on the one off odd ocassion.

Cheers,
Ray
yo,

yeah the cd is all in the same vein. it's called "conjure one", by, whaddayaknow, conjure one. i guess it's vaguely classified as electronica - maybe acid jazz, too... try www.conjureone.com for more info on the music. i got my cd at borders - if they don't have those in the bahamas, try amazon.com :)

autoxjunkie, no problem :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Trailboss, i was totally digging that autumn to ashes song... then the guy started, um..... what should i calll it... he started um

singing?

Weird stuff yo!

To each his own I guess. :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
How come I can't find "Conjure One" on Lime Wire ? Is it that unknown ? I want to download the sucka now :)

Advise ? and no, we don't have any cd stores in Nassau that will sell it :)

Cheers,
Ray

·
2,210 Posts
Reminds me a little of 'Dead Can Dance'. Maybe check out 'Loreena McKennitt' if you want to experiment with mainstream ethnic/celtic/tribal type electronic music. She has a similar sound.

-Pace

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Raynger27 said:
Trailboss, i was totally digging that autumn to ashes song... then the guy started, um..... what should i calll it... he started um

singing?

Weird stuff yo!

To each his own I guess. :p

Hhaha, well, what can I say. There is also a girl singing in that song...about 6 minutes into it (a little under 9 and a half minutes)

:D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
pace said:
Reminds me a little of 'Dead Can Dance'. Maybe check out 'Loreena McKennitt' if you want to experiment with mainstream ethnic/celtic/tribal type electronic music. She has a similar sound.

-Pace
I'm a Loreena McKennitt fan like crazy! Mummer's dance is one of my favorites...

I of course enjoy Enya, and Enigma, and all the other stuff that my friends tease me about... :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
how did i get the feeling you were going to be talking about from autumn to ashes.

they are amazing...screaming..but in all the right places.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The first time I listened to the song I thought what da hellz, I dont like this nonsense. Then I listened to it again louder and liked it more. Now Im listening to it at full blast, and its really good sounding. Nice

·
2,210 Posts
is2scooby said:

I'm a Loreena McKennitt fan like crazy! Mummer's dance is one of my favorites...

I of course enjoy Enya, and Enigma, and all the other stuff that my friends tease me about... :D
Enigma never lit my fire, but I like Enya's older material (Shepherd Moons, etc.) I kinda lost interest somewhat when she went real mainstream. I discovered McKennitt about 3 or 4 years ago shortly after the release of 'The Book Of Secrets'. Last week I picked up 'The Visit'; I'm enjoying it.

For some reason it has never been 'cool' to like Enya, but I think her talents surpass those of McKennitt's.

Please tell me you're a Tori appreciator. 'Scarlet's Letter' was well worth the wait.

-Pace

·
1,379 Posts
is2scooby said:
Ms. Amos lights my fire, Pace. :D
Ditto! Her new CD practically hasn't left my player since it came out. It may not be her most artistic, or her most accessable, but I think it may well be her best "all-around" CD ever, IMO.

Haven't heard Tori Amos? Download "A Sorta Fairytale". Now!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts