Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow members

My first WRX was a 2002 WRX WRB wagon - first one available in the US and in NJ

But I always followed the WRX - because of the PlayStation video games and the fact that everyone was talking about this boxer motor that could kick the crap out of my 5.0 mustangs stock

Well back when I got mine the STI was not available yet in the States - but I always wanted the I/C water spray option that was on the STI cars over seas

I was just looking at an article about the 22B and saw the I/C water spray option

Vehicle Car Toyota Family car

Article - https://jalopnik.com/why-the-subaru-impreza-22b-was-an-insane-monster-that-c-1825224737

So my question is - on my 2018 - or heck any of the new WRX/STI's can we get this aftermarket option - and is it worth even thinking about since we have so much new tech since the 22B and heck even the 2002 STI's where around?

I look forward to the responses - I would love just for the sake of having it that switch and option

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
There are how-to's and kits available or you can kit bash and even mix in OEM parts if you wish. If you are concerned with heat soak from a dead stop it's worth the hassle I suppose. I'd not bother.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are how-to's and kits available or you can kit bash and even mix in OEM parts if you wish. If you are concerned with heat soak from a dead stop it's worth the hassle I suppose. I'd not bother.
If anyone could point me to the OEM kit - or a kit available I would be grateful

I think it would be cool to have this option - even if it doesn't add that much performance - like I said - back in 2002 It was the talk of the SUBI/WRX community

Thank you in advance members and I look forward to posts in this topic - heck maybe even Perrin or such will chime in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts