ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Hotchkis hollow sway bars front and rear yesterday for my SRT-4 , and went ahead and installed the rear bar. I ran out of time for the front one. I can't believe how small the stock rear sway bar. It looks like a spaghetti noodle compared to the Hotchkis.

The stock endlinks did not come off very easy with socket wrenches. I swear. All the hardware under these cars has surface rust or oxidation on them. I was cussing and swearing more than ususal at underneath the car when installing the bar.

I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet. Tomorrow morning at 5:30am will be my first test drive. And I will install the front this weekend. Then the real fun begins.

So my car is no longer 100% stock. And I like it that way.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DTR rex said:
forget the bars..... let see some more pics of the ride!!!
interior and all!!!!!
Just wait until my Mopar Stage 3 coilovers come in the mail in the next week;)

Pics of the inside of a stock SRT-4? I guess I can if you want. It nothing exciting. But the seats are awful comfy.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Teep said:
I just wanna say...

:D

-tp
LOL!!! W3RD!!!

Sometimes working on cars is enjoyable. But definately not in the summertime when the sun is going down and it is beating down on you since you parked the car in the shade an hour before and now it is hot as hell and you keep putting on bolts and inserts the wrong way and gnats are buzzing around your head and trying to go up your nose and you are yelling and cussing because you can't believe the awful american engineering that went into this car from looking at the car from underneath but when it is all done it better be worth it. I hope:D

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
soundwave said:
please remove the spoiler.... it's umm... not that pretty. ;)

good kill on the sway bars
I don't mind the spoiler too much. It isn't an eye sore like the top fuel aluminum ones ricers put on their cars. But I might look into swapping a trunk with someone who wants SRT-4 on the back of their SXT;)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Sweet ride Kurly....

good call on starting with suspension mods :thumbup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
soundwave said:
please remove the spoiler.... it's umm... not that pretty. ;)

good kill on the sway bars
The spoiler reminds me of a couple years back when all the GS-Ts had their big swoopy spoiler, Supras had theirs, and all the ricers got big knockoffs of them.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Bye Bye! Traded it in a month ago for the new ride.
I, too, am thinking about doing this. Did you get any money back or are was it a straight swap?

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Just wait until my Mopar Stage 3 coilovers come in the mail in the next week;)

Pics of the inside of a stock SRT-4? I guess I can if you want. It nothing exciting. But the seats are awful comfy.
oh, are you talking about the dodge...
oh...sorry
all I read was yadda yadda yadda

:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts