ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm driving home on this windy road doing 45 in a 40 (moving WITH traffic). Its a single lane road so there isn't opportunity to pass or anything either. Anyway, there are a few cars behind me and 1 infront of me, but about 10-15 cars ahead.

I approach an intersection and see a truck coming and slowing down, but he doesn't have his turn signal.

Thinking nothing of it, I keep going, approaching the intersection but going maybe 40 now cause of the left hand turn.

By the way, there aren't any traffic lights or stop signs here for our road. There is only a stop sign on the road that runs perpendicular to the one I am on.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As I approach the intersection more, the truck slows down as the car infront of me passes it. Once again, I'm not really worried about the truck because I think that he's going to turn, but is going to wait until I pass.

Boy was I wrong!

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A few seconds later, I remember saying "holy sh*t" cause I saw the truck started to turn on the road.

There was NO way I was going to be able to stop in time. I was certain I was going to plow right into the truck. As fast as I could, I saw no oncomming cars in the T intersection waiting at the stop sign, so I threw it from 4th into 2nd and skidded down the road the truck was turning onto, litterarlly 10 feet in front of him, avoiding the accident.

I'm still really shaken up over this and I can't believe it happened.

JESUS. Just because you're driving within the limits of the law doesn't mean other people are. Be aware!!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
If it hadn't been for the improved handling from your strut tower braces, you probably wouldn't have made the turn!

teh f01L $4v3D j00!

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
way to go josh, good thing ur still alive and the rex isn't harmed. u get out and yell at the driver??? to many rex's have crashed this month, we dont need ot add another one.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Damn, that sucks mang. I know what that kind of fear in the car is like (see my old post about almost killing the drunk guy on the way home).

Glad that you and teh Rex are bueno.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
CustomS10 said:
way to go josh, good thing ur still alive and the rex isn't harmed. u get out and yell at the driver??? to many rex's have crashed this month, we dont need ot add another one.
Accidents with trucks aren't pretty good thing you managed to avoid it

EDIT: Imagine if you were driving a civic or something:eek3:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I think everyone is out to get us. Those of you who haven't had a close call or accident i'd stay off the road with your rex.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Damn.. close call. That'll teach you to drive sensibly.... if you had been hauling ass like usual, you would have way past that intersection when the asshat truck driver did that :D

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Racenut3.0 said:
Damn.. close call. That'll teach you to drive sensibly.... if you had been hauling ass like usual, you would have way past that intersection when the asshat truck driver did that :D
Yep just goes to show ya that driving fast is the way to go. lol :D

Im glad to ehar you are ok Josh. I like the diagrams, very helpful.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
what happended afterwards? Did he say sorry or did he keep on driving like nothing happened? I hope you flicked him off or threw pennies at his windshield or something to let him know that he's an arse hole.:wiggles:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts