Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s going on guys. I have a 2019 wrx it has about 60,000 miles on it. A while ago I started having issues with the MAF so a placed called Subie shop replaced my maf and my ecm, got it replaced cool car was working a bit better. A day later check engine lights came on with a P0172 code. Took it to the dealership apparently my spark plugs were bad so those were replaced, walnut blasted my valves. And did a recall for my fuel pump I get my car back and now it rough idles right above 0rpms when I drive it try to come to a stop and stall out never stalls and there’s no check engine lights. my car sounds awful and runs terrible. I tried so hard to take care of it but I need more input if anyone has any suggestions please lmk!!!

·
Not a mod... or is he?
15,530 Posts
I know this always sounds like I'm on repeat but stalling when coming off the throttle down to idle often is a vacuum leak.

Has the car been modified?

There are some youtube videos that are better demonstrative of checking for vacuum leaks than trying to type it out. Its where I would check first and some methods are pretty easy like spraying ether around joints and listening for rpm changes.

Boost and exhaust leaks can also cause this, but considering the services you mentioned I'd lean towards it being in the intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to my knowledge. I’ve been asked if it had been modified and from when I bought it the the previous owner just used it as a daily.

And yea the dealership tried spraying around but couldn’t find any leaks but I’ll definitely watch some videos on the vacuum leaks to see if I pin point any.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts