ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I never really thought I'd ever be remotely excited about a tiburon but this looks like it could be interesting.

Engine Options-
2.0L turbo with 215HP and 217 ft-lbs of torque
3.8LV6 with 300HP and 280 ft-lbs
RWD

Price-$19,900 for the 4 or $25,900 for the V6.

Rumored features-
iPod integration in the center console
Bluetooth with the stock head deck
limited slip option
Brembo brake option.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Yeah I got some info about that a few months back from a colleague in the design industry. I hope other manufacturers follow suit.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I actually like it, just based on that pic and the specs. Can't wait to hear more. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
the body lines don't grab me like the current and last gen tibs and the I'm not feeling the wheels, but I like the engine packages better

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Not too bad.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
i like the looks of it. a couple of months back...i started a thread about 4 cylinder rwd coupes..my prayers have been answered

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
Wowza, pretty impressive new stats in the new Tiburon! :thumbup: Can't wait to see the reviews when it goes to production. To say the least, I wasn't impressed with the current/former Tiburons, but this new one can be quite the head-turner. Hyundai has come a long way in the last couple years with some competitive cars in the affordable-luxury class IMO. It'll be interesting to see them be more competitive in the sports-car category. :)

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I agree they have come along way - but I still can't get over the brand name - just like I couldn't 10 years ago with Subaru.

I used to be a GM junkie - until I couldn't afford to keep repairing them.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,212 Posts
subz said:
lmao why you think theres a 10 year warranty or w/e
To help the company dispel the generalization you are convinced is tue:

.. they always breaking
I was not a fan of the early Mitsu-motored cars but the company has come a very long way, has even made a venture into the WRC, and has products that are very competitive in several market segments.

I'm not saying I'd buy the coupe in the photo, but I wouldn't dismiss it just because of the nameplate (I'd not even dismiss a Mercedes because of the name plate, and they are now at the very bottom of reliability in at least one major market).

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
The Tibby is a player now ... :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've worked for Kia dealers for the last 8 years and i can tell you from experience, HMC has come a long way in that time. They continue to improve their IQS score and every year set sales records. New marketing aims them at more up scale autos. They're absolutely making a move in the right direction with the new Genesis platform. Think Honda/Acura or maybe Daimler/Benz, only done right.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts