Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have ZERO intentions of doing this but i was curious about how one would go about getting unequal length headers to work on a 2017 WRX (FA20 DIT). I know that in order to get this to work one would have to lose the twin scroll turbo and get all the necessary parts to accommodate. Excluding efficiency is there anything else that might prevent this from being possible?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You need equal lenght headers for the twinscroll turbo. If you want the brapppp you can get a burgle tune where it simulates that. Anyways on to your question I think the one thing preventing this would be the space under the engine it's a very tight

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if you relocate the turbo to the rear driver side of the engine bay and run the headers that way. it would essentially be a straight pipe instead of the J-pipe that has a bend.

·
Æternum
15,504 Posts
Yes, you COULD.

No, you SHOULDN'T.

The twinscroll could theoretically WORK with an unequal length header.

It would DESTROY any benefit brought to the table by the twinscroll design.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you COULD.

No, you SHOULDN'T.

The twinscroll could theoretically WORK with an unequal length header.

It would DESTROY any benefit brought to the table by the twinscroll design.
Dont worry I'm never doing it. I just wanted to see what other people thought about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,913 Posts
It’s a waste of time and money. If you want to make your car slower just throw on a big GT wing and wide body kit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good lord okay im NEVER DOING THIS. I just posted this because i like to think about things like this and wanted to see what other people thought. I dont even have a tune on my WRX i just like to have an imagination. Thats all.

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
There have been people who have done this swap. As said, it would not be advisable in terms of a performance standpoint, as it would be a reduction. It's also not advisable in terms of cost, as you will have to pay for parts and custom ECU calibration all to have lower performance than comparable parts with OE hardware.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts