ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the exception of the World One STi, does anyone have any links to someone using this standalone system? I know their website is www.elementtuning.com , I also know that Phil (formerly of TXS) is the head guy when it comes to tuning...I know what it is and what it does. I need to hear real world testimonials about this ECU before I start thinking about it as a feasible alternative to the UTEC.

Garret...feel free to weigh in on your experiences with this product please:)

~Tim

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
From looking at the specs, it seems like a nice piece of hardware. It surpasses the UTEC in all areas. The price tag is a little higher at $1350 compared to the UTEC's $950, but the added features are well worth it.

It seems like this unit is inbetween UTEC and AEM EMS: UTEC<Hydra<EMS.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How user tunable are these systems? Within the next 6 months I'm going to a much larger turbo setup on a built motor, and I'd really like to optimize my tuning but don't know of anywhere nearby to get it tuned (ie, phil from element, godspeed, worldone). Are there any places in the tristate/northeast that are tuning these with good results? Anywhere from Virginia to Connecticut is within my range, and I'd like to take it somewhere reputable (xxtuning perhaps?).

Thanks again,

~Tim

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I didn't see any traction control feature on the element system. I didn't see anywhere to download new software versions or even a demo version to see if you actually like the program before you blow $1400 on the ecu either. Does it come with decent manuals even?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Timdog1650,

There really isn't anyone with a WRX or STI that has a Hydra yet because they haven't been released yet :( but they will soon:D ! When Phil gets them I should be one of the first to get one and he will be tuning it so when it all goes down I will post a write up with lots of info. He is actually located in the DC area but I don't know for how long:( :( . I'm not worried because he is a class act guy and if you have any problems he will help you and walk you through it.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jrj wrx said:
Timdog1650,

There really isn't anyone with a WRX or STI that has a Hydra yet because they haven't been released yet :( but they will soon:D ! When Phil gets them I should be one of the first to get one and he will be tuning it so when it all goes down I will post a write up with lots of info. He is actually located in the DC area but I don't know for how long:( :( . I'm not worried because he is a class act guy and if you have any problems he will help you and walk you through it.

Jeff

Well, not to be a jerk, but that's almost completely wrong. Dan at godspeed has had them in STis and WRXs for months and a bunch of guys on nasioc all use them, plus they've had a version for old-gen imprezas for quite a while. I know it's out, and I know for a fact people use them (worldone STi uses this system) but I just don't know how it's gone over so far. Good luck with yours though!

~Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know you say your not being a jerk but it comes off that way. Well I don't know of a bunch of guys over at NASIOC with them I only know the RS guys have them. I know Phil and God have them and I was just trying to help you out with your question and letting you know a regular WRX owner not a vendor will be getting one soon and I'll give out some info on my experience. I wasn't trying to say I was going to be the first to get the Hydra but to let you know I will have one soon. Also from what I know Phil is the main distributor of the WRX and STI Hydra. But whatever.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chill bro..I appreciate the help, and there's no way you could have known this, but I did a search on nasioc yesterday and there's a bunch of people with them (HOK being the most vocal of the crowd). sorry for pissing you off (better than getting pissed on, right?:tongue: )

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts