Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you join, be prepaired to get put on 5000 different mailing lists. Get lots of junk mail.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yup, it's kinda cool. Too bad I didn't get a chance to use my membership at any track events. I browse through "Sports Car mag" that they send every month though. If only they sent SCC as well I'd be set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the membership.
Get the local chapter newletters.
And I get a few other things too from the sale of my address I guess.
I hope to use it at least once.
The local SCCA in NorCal owns its own track in essence, Thunderhill in Willows CA.

I hope to get up there before my membership expires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you join and participate, SOA could use that to deny warranty work, legaly. I think thats why they do it. Read the fine print in the warranty. It goes somthing like, will not cover: abuse, racing or any form of competition. I have the 7yr 100,000mi warranty.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Kdcass said:
If you join and participate, SOA could use that to deny warranty work, legaly. I think thats why they do it. Read the fine print in the warranty. It goes somthing like, will not cover: abuse, racing or any form of competition. I have the 7yr 100,000mi warranty.
ahh who cares i bought this car to drive it hard...the sooner i blow the turbo the sooner i get a new one :).........to the topic now: i mailed mine in last week waiting to get my membership

·
Registered
649 Posts
Kdcass said:

They have to prove you participated first...

·
Registered
17 Posts
EXATCLY my point, TurbeauxREX. There is and undeniable paper trail. Those subaru fellows are pretty clever.

Thats why I didn't join. Funny thing is every time I have been to the dealer with the car someone asks "Did you sign up for the SCCA?"

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
It makes no difference with the free membership. If you race in the SCCA and do well, your name gets posted in the results no matter what. It's not something that is unique to Subaru.

I've never understood where all these conspiracy theories come from - all cars have a clause in the warranty against competition use. :confused:

I don't think I've gotten any more junk mail due to the SCCA. Heck, I guess I'd welcome it - I already get a mountain of junk mail - I'd like to get something cool. You'd think people with car magazines or catalogs would by the SCCA list to try to target a good audience for their products.

C

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your right this is true among all cars. BUT a wrx with its turbo and awd can be 'broken' easier than most other cars. Not to mention no other car comes with a membership that would void the powtrain warranty.

Hey who knows, you guys could work for subaru for all I know :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts