ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...ever get into a car accident before?

I remember my two friends got into a car accident in a brand new 350Z going around a corner. The cellphone that was INSIDE of a storage bin in the front of the car in the DIN pocket with thrown out of the pocket against the back windshield and it cracked it.

Because of this...i just gotta ask...

Why the f*ck do people put their front lisence plates on the dashboard?!?

If you get into an accident with that thing, consider your head/neck in a 1 on 1 battle royale with a spinning metal disk. :eek3:

I have no idea why people have their lisence plates there. It's dangerous as f*ck and they're asking to be decapitated.

Whatever. One less idiot if you're stupid enough to put it there.

For crying out loud put it somewhere else where it isn't going to slice your noggin off.

:rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
426 Posts
Trailboss said:
Only logical reason I could think of is not restricting airflow to your big FMIC. But even that isn't worth getting decapitated.

ALT+F4 said:
I say why even have a front license plate! they are ugly and there seems to never be a decent place to mount it!
I agree, but sadly it's the law here in NJ. :thumbdown Even though there was a bracket made for the evo that didn't look half bad.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I keep mine under the seat:D A little O/T, I got in an accident when I was 19 or so. I hit the guy in front of me so hard (at about 65, and he was stopped), the 6x9's in the back deck ripped out and one hit me in the back of my head. Now that f-in hurt!!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i like where the evo has its license plate mounted.... of to the side of the intercooler.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Weasel 555 said:
OT and wass with peeps drivin around with there FEET on the dash ???

thass insane to me

but hey "Stoopid is as Stoopid does"

My friends dad said thats for the women to " air out their couch" haha but i dont no why people put their plate up their, just suck up the little bad looks at put it on the front if your state requires it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
ALT+F4 said:
I say why even have a front license plate! they are ugly and there seems to never be a decent place to mount it!

Agreed, I have never had a front license plate on any car, and it is the law here to have one. As long as your not a [email protected] to the cops they won't say anything and never have.

Having a license plate on your dash, almost bugs me as much as people driving around with the handicap thingy hanging from their rear view mirror! How dumb is that? :eek3: It's totally in your field of vision, and those people (usually elderly) probably need it more than anyone else! How hard is it to take if off your mirror while your driving...:mad: Sorry to rant. ;) :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I knew this guy who's an ex paramedic and was on the scene of an accident where a tissue box that was behind the back seat had flown forward, and the corner hit one of the passengers in the spinal cord so hard that it killed them. Wow, that was a long sentence.

As for the front plate thing, I was pulled over 3 times for various reasons and have never been harassed for not having a front plate. Generally (in Colorado, at least), meter maids just tack them onto parking tickets.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Zoombaru said:
I knew this guy who's an ex paramedic and was on the scene of an accident where a tissue box that was behind the back seat had flown forward, and the corner hit one of the passengers in the spinal cord so hard that it killed them. Wow, that was a long sentence.

As for the front plate thing, I was pulled over 3 times for various reasons and have never been harassed for not having a front plate. Generally (in Colorado, at least), meter maids just tack them onto parking tickets.

The reason why Meter Maids do that is cause for every ticket, and every addon they get money! Well at least where i lived. (dad is a Cop)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Trailboss said:
Okay...ever get into a car accident before?

I remember my two friends got into a car accident in a brand new 350Z going around a corner. The cellphone that was INSIDE of a storage bin in the front of the car in the DIN pocket with thrown out of the pocket against the back windshield and it cracked it.

Because of this...i just gotta ask...

If you get into an accident with that thing, consider your head/neck in a 1 on 1 battle royale with a spinning metal disk. :eek3:

I have no idea why people have their lisence plates there. It's dangerous as f*ck and they're asking to be decapitated.

Whatever. One less idiot if you're stupid enough to put it there.

For crying out loud put it somewhere else where it isn't going to slice your noggin off.

:rolleyes: :(
H/J (as useal;) )

Go one better, I flew my Nitro Helicopter in my garage once....

Came after me!!

Never again.

Back to regular scheduled program.

Shotgun

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
WRXTwiztid said:
My friends dad said thats for the women to " air out their couch" haha but i dont no why people put their plate up their, just suck up the little bad looks at put it on the front if your state requires it.
Plates No........

Womens feet/legs/Skirt on?

Hell yea!

Cept of course I would be the one to wreck while peering

Shotgun:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts