Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
phast said:
I guess they dropped the price on the smaller FMIC kit and the new MONSTER has taken the old price point. I saw mention of $1475 for the kit. I think you still need to get APS Cold Air kit (or so they say) which is like another $280+
Where did you find pices?, and do you know when it will be available? :D The price that you quoted....is that for the D/R 500? (smaller one)

thanks

-freddie

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, you could look at it this way.....

Even if it is not FULLY usefull...because a LITTLE bit is covered by the bumper.....it is still bigger and has more to be used, than the other FMIC's.

The other FMIC's that I have seen, don't have the IC fins that fit the exact size of the opening....the are a few inches SHORT on each side....So it seems to me that the APS FMIC would be more usefull....plus as shown on their web site, the leftover air (non direct) is still being used... get it?

-freddie

·
Registered
67 Posts
afpdl said:
They are available now, I was at fi-systems last week and they had about 6 of them there ready to ship out. You can get them from your regional aps distributor. Mine is fi-systems.com but they are sold out right now.

The intercooler does not sit behind the bumper cover since you take the bumper cover out and it fills up the entire space.

The d/r 500 is $1355 and some of its specs are available on aps's website if you want more email them.

Alex
Huh? I was just told by a distributor, that they won't be available til April!:confused: R U Sure?....(hoping you are correct, so I can get one NOW!!!! :D )

-freddie

·
Registered
67 Posts
afpdl said:

The intercooler does not sit behind the bumper cover since you take the bumper cover out and it fills up the entire space.

Alex,

The bumper cover is the part with the paint on it!! So, if that was to be removed....we would be driving without bumpers.....

I am hoping you miss typed this! ;)

-freddie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.