Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Original1WRX2NV said:
Alex,

The bumper cover is the part with the paint on it!! So, if that was to be removed....we would be driving without bumpers.....

I am hoping you miss typed this! ;)

-freddie
Hehehe.....you remove the middle part of the bumper (grill?) as shown in the picture. Here is what they said:

"APS has now upped the ante with the release of the D/R Series front mount intercooler system specifically designed for daily driven, high horsepower MY01/MY02 Subaru WRX and STI vehicles. Unlike other systems that require cutting of structural components at the front of the vehicle, APS has designed the D/R Series FMIC with a truly bolt-on replacement unit that not only maintains the structural integrity of the vehicle, but also forms the perfect mount to accommodate the FMIC itself."

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
twinz said:
Very Nice! if that graphic is accurate it looks as though only around 10-15% of the top of the face of the ic is actually behind the bumper cover and not receiving direct air. the sides and bottom look to go right to the edges of the cover opening. That thing looks badazz! ...Now if I only had a spare 10k$ lying around for a stroker kit and the APS 50 series turbo and that big monster IC and...dreaming is fun!
Judging by your sig, it looks like this + bigger turbo + stroker kit are the last things you have available to do to your car!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
twinz said:
hehehe..your absolutely right. And none of that will happen until the car is paid off. Once it is, I am going to build up a 500+whp 10sec daily driver...probably a package like the Easystreet Motorsports ESX500 or something very similar. :D
I'm curious - what is the most power you can get out of the 2.0L block with just bolt ons? (you know: turboxs kits, vishnu kits, etc.)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
afpdl said:
around 320 whp or so, I believe some have had 400whp on stock internals but that only last a few months before you need a rebuild.

Thats 320whp on stock 2.0 block with upgraded forged internals much more is possible and it will still be 2.0l
I figured it was around 400chp. That's the most I have really seen on stock internals.

Damnit, what the hell are you waiting for? GET ONE!!!
I will as soon as funds permit it.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
afpdl said:
is2scooby you ruined everything. I was trying to see how many pages they would continue on before even mentioning the word intercooler.:D

I guess they missed that pm button

EDIT: BTW I may go this route with a pe1818, not sure yet though.
Yeah, sorry about jocking the thread. :p Were done now.

Back on topic: Does ANYBODY on this board have this setup?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.