ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's VERY windy where I'm at....just South of St. Pete. I don't think my newly planted oak trees are going to make it. How you doing in O-town?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I actually stayed in my dorm at UCF with my roomate, even though we were made to evacuate. Anyway, the winds were pretty crazy ( i actually leaned back at a 45 degree angle). Some structures got taken down, but we never lost power. I am sick however, from the wet wind and then coming back inside to the airconditioning.... anyway thats it

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
My borther goes to UCF!

He is staying with my aunt anad uncle in Winter Haven.

If you guys ever meet a kid named Kai from Texass, thats my brother. Tell him how cool I am.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I have flood insureance, combo w/ home, not that expensive but probably in fl much more.

Hurricane/Tropico is coming my way, it is quite windy if I must say. Doesn't look like it will be much of a problem, though jsut a bunch of **** to pick up in the yard on tues.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i hear ucf got hit pretty hard, i kno that after charlie the huge gym there is closed down for a year and the dorms were evacuated.

here in gainesville we just got a lot of wind and constant rain for 24 hours, a lot of broken trees down around here and thats about it.

·
Registered
19,615 Posts
adam3482p said:
Eli must still be under the pool table. He hasn't posted in 70 hours!!!
he could be stuck under there for 70 MONTHS and no one would catch him postwise!!!

Hope you're alright, Eli!!!

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
well he should stay at his pop's house cuz ivan will p0wn florida next soon again. 1 right after another, damn!

hope u guys are all doing well and the only good thing out of this is that we all get to catch up on eli's post count.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Chunks said:
I have flood insureance, combo w/ home, not that expensive but probably in fl much more.

Hurricane/Tropico is coming my way, it is quite windy if I must say. Doesn't look like it will be much of a problem, though jsut a bunch of **** to pick up in the yard on tues.
I dunno why but this is funny... A guy in Home Equity used to sit near me... I would always hear him say:

"DO you live in a flood zone? You will need flood insurance..."

In a really loud annoying voice, haha

·
Registered
109 Posts
i must say... ucf got jack sh*t compared to where i am... The national weather service said that the official landfall on this thing was in stuart florida. stuart just happens to be 5 minutes south of me on US1 if you catch all green lights. it started saturday and this damn thing is still throwing feeder bands at me. not 20 minutes ago, we had another rain squall come through the area. why wont this damn thing leave.... needless to say, we're all tired of having this hurricane around.
we've been without power since 10pm saturday night (our house is fine... 10k watt generator is awesome :D ) water is still going (boil water order though), phones are dead, tv is dead. we (my family and I) went out this morning to look at the damage to our unshuttered 2 story house and ive gotta say it isnt all that bad. we have a tile roof and as we suspected we lost some tiles. most of them are cap tiles (the ones running along the crown of the roof...) these then fell down the roof and crashed into other ones, breaking them in the process. so we lost id say a good ~30 tiles. also, we had our baseboards leak in my parents master bedroom on the north side of the house on the first floor. the garage door has been bent inwards. thank god for new building codes on garage doors b/c if we built the house earlier than we did (2 1/2 years ago) the garage door wouldnt of had the horizontal bracing that it does. if that wasnt there we wouldve lost the garage door and that wouldve caused ALOT more damage (wind getting inside the house wouldve probably ripped the roof off like in the videos...) also we lost some of the sophets running around the house. they just couldnt stay in place after the damn near 36 hours of constant hurricane force winds...
the radio is saying that port st lucie got 17 inches of rain since fri morning (and that number is still rising i might add b/c of all these damn feeder bands still comming through) hehe this leads me to a cool story. i live in one of those subdivision community places and its still under construction. b/c of this the drainage in the area isnt the greatest. yesterday afternoon the drains decided to stop draining so being the inquisitive family that we are, we decided to go out in the later parts of the hurricane (60 mph winds, heavy rain, etc etc) and go check out the sewer drains to see why the water was steadily rising. we got to them and find that theres all sorts of palm frons, leaves, branches, etc etc all clogging the things up. so we go back in the house and get a few rakes and there we are in the middle of the damn hurricane, outside, cleaning the sewer drains. ive gotta say though, in my 17 years of living here in florida, ive been through a few storms and this one just sucks. normally these things come in and leave in like 6-10 hours. this one has been hitting us since early friday morning all the way up till now and the damn thing is still hanging around. its been around so damn long... just go away lol. i might add, never underestimate the wind... we have double doors that swing outward and the wind sat night/ sun morning was so strong that even though the deadbolt was locked on the doors they were still on the verge of swinging open. my dad had to resort to going in the garge, getting 2 L brackets, and actually screwing those into the doors and the door frame, bolting the doors shut.
ahh i could go on and on about was it was like but i do believe that ive taken up enough time. anyways, thats what hurricane frances was like for me. errr question to someone that can see the weather channel, where exactly is this thing centered, they're not telling us on the radio and being on 56k, it would take too long to load on the computer. alrighty all, im out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts