ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so what would everyone else do. Back in early feb My GF was looking for a new car..She wanted a Subaru impreza 5door. We went to the dealer saw what she liked and they had an STi on the showroom floor..i wasnt looking for a car but I really liked this and decided I wanted to trade my Mustang for one. i worked with the dealer we ran numbers did credit and all and I decided I will order one.
Well thats basically where he stopped talking to me. I called him about 6times over a 1month span asking a few questions leaving voicemails. I had to stop in once to get him to even acknowledge me and ask about a dealer trade on 2 different cars that where coming in and STi and the WRX that I purchased and he blew me off basically. I called him about 4weeks ago saying I am ready to buy my GF impreza there is a car I would like you to dealer trade for it.
Never heard back after leaving that voicemail. I was already pissed at him so i bought my WRX at the other dealer as well and bought my GF her impreza at another dealer. well yesterday he finally calls me to say hey that STi has arrived. Well all this time he blew me off and blew off me wanting to buy my GF car off him and doesnt call me till this car comes in.
Plus he lied to me about what interest rate I was going to get which is what i based the order of the STi from. if I woulda known it was gonna be a little higher I woulda never ordered it cause I wasnt willing to pay that much for it. So would you guys even call him back and leave a message saying sorry you screwed yourself by blowing me off or should I just ignore him like he ignored me.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Just tell him you took your business elsewhere. If you want to take it a step further you could speak to the sales manager and let them know that his horrible service led you to take your business to one of their competitors.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
+1

I would probably not even bother talking to the salesman, he's just going to (most likely) get defensive and combative. No gain there. But I might consider calling his manager and just explaining to him why they have a STI on their lot with no buyer.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was thinking was calling the sales manager and just not bother talking to him. I dont feel like getting into a fight with some ******* sales guy about this

·
8,921 Posts
thats what i was thinking was calling the sales manager and just not bother talking to him. I dont feel like getting into a fight with some ******* sales guy about this
If you simply state that you felt like you were given poor customer service and you decided to take your business elsewhere. What could he possibly have to argue about?

·
8,921 Posts
probably argue that I ordered the car
Did you put anything down? Did you sign anything? It's not like buying a house where if you make an offer you're locked into a contract. Worst case scenario is if you put down a deposit, you might have to eat that cost. However, if you go in and calmly explain that you felt the level of service was unsatisfactory, you could probably get that money back.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i gave him a $300 check to hold but I put a stop payment on that because of how awful the service has been of him not making any effort.

·
8,921 Posts
i gave him a $300 check to hold but I put a stop payment on that because of how awful the service has been of him not making any effort.
Well, I would not worry about it. I'm sure the dealer wont have any problems selling the car.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Yeah, you are under absolutely no obligation to buy the car just because you ordered it. I was thinking he would get defensive and nasty because, well, people are people.
If you confront someone directly accusing them of improper actions usually the instant response is to get defensive and angry.
Which wouldn't help you at all.
Sometimes, you might get someone whose reaction would be a "Yeah? And? I don't care what you think of my customer service."

So, imo, the only thing to do if you felt you wanted to do something would be to talk to his boss.

·
8,921 Posts
Yeah, you are under absolutely no obligation to buy the car just because you ordered it. I was thinking he would get defensive and nasty because, well, people are people.
If you confront someone directly accusing them of improper actions usually the instant response is to get defensive and angry.
Sometimes, you might get someone whose reaction would be a "Yeah? And? I don't care what you think of my customer service."

So, imo, the only thing to do if you felt you wanted to do something would be to talk to his boss.
I told him to go in there, but not point the finger. Just tell them you didn't feel customer service was satisfactory and if they have an issue with that, they already lost your business. You could even go on the BBB website and lodge a complaint if you really want to.

If it were me, I'd tell the sales person that his service pushed you to another dealer. That's the end of the conversation. It really shouldn't go beyond that unless you feel like you were wronged by the dealership.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
What was the interest rate he offered you?Were the voicemails left on his personal number or on the dealer phone number?Its quite possible he never heard them.

Read the fine print in the order invoice.Most down payments are refundable.If it is talk to the manager & ask for your money.

You are under no obligation to buy the car if you gave them a deposit.It is only a good faith payment.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Yeah, you are under absolutely no obligation to buy the car just because you ordered it.
Wow, is this really true? I've never special ordered a car, so it's new territory for me. Seems like a dealer require some kind of assurance that the buyer is committed.

Classic salesman behavior; he's on to the next sale. When we signed the papers on our house back in '97, the sales guy that had been in my face every day suddenly vanished into the woodwork.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
plenty of people back out of deals from ordered cars..I saw a few people talk about it on the order thread on naisoc someone backed out of their WRX/STi they ordered and they bought it cause the buyer walked. I didnt sign anything as I was buying the car. All i signed was the credit app for them to run it..he just came back and said i was good never gave me the actual interest rate # and I based that off of the lowest rate. with the new rate the payments would have went up $50 and I wouldnt pay that. Plain and simple he lied to me while working the #'s on what the final cost would be and me basing the whole deal off a certain interest rate.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
If you've found a better delaer, just let this go. A-holes will be a-holes. Nothing to gain but headache.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Wow, is this really true? I've never special ordered a car, so it's new territory for me. Seems like a dealer require some kind of assurance that the buyer is committed.
That is what I was told when I ordered the car.

I checked the contract.It says that I can back out of the order & get a full refund if the car is not delivered within 30 days of the delivery date & I am not "fully satisfied".

I also paid with a credit card so I could dispute the payment if need be.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Just tell him you took your business elsewhere. If you want to take it a step further you could speak to the sales manager and let them know that his horrible service led you to take your business to one of their competitors.
This
/thread

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts