ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would the Dodge Magnum v8 Hemi vs. Stock 04 WRX race look for the WRX? Would the WRX get smoked or would it hold up? Im talking about from a roll, from a stop, and on high end. Just asking because some guy from work got one and thinks it hella tight, even though its just a soccer mom type car thats been targeted to males.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
I think from a roll the wrx would have a chance up till around 40-50. Everyone says traction is a huge problem with V-8 RWD but with all the electronic crap governing spin now the big turd could probaly launch hard.

From a roll I think it will be taking simple do to torque and hp that it has over the wrx.

From a high speed roll it will probaly win cause all he has to do is dump it down a few gears and he's in his power range...the wrx isnt known for quick 4th and 5th gears.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Stock wrx would get romped from a roll, and probably passed before the 1/4 mile from a dig..

Only a couple wrx's can pull 14.2's stock at 96mph, but most magnums and 300C's are hittin the traps at 14.0-14.2 AT 102!!!

Think of them just as capable as a stock neon SRT4, just heavier and more powerful

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i raced a 300c from a 35 roll i had him by half a car lenght by 75. those things r beasts from a roll.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Ditto....I drove the dodge magnum RT and it doesnt really seem that quick. But when I looked at the speedo, the power comes so smoothly I can see how it feels slower than the WRX( in which the power leaps in when the turbo kicks.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts