ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2020 WRX Sport (Canada)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I live the winters are harsh and often during winter times the car gets really dirty, especially the headlights. I don't get why car manufacturers in North America don't offer a system that cleans the headlights whenever the windshield washer function is activated. I know that this is quite common in Europe. This winter has been especially bad, with the warm weather causing frequent melting of snow and slush being thrown all over the place.

I made a video of how I installed spray nozzles on the front bumper to clean the headlights of my 2020 WRX. Hope this will help others who want to do the same. The WRX doesn't have wipers or spray nozzles in the rear, but shares the washer tank with other Subaru models which do. This is why there is a spot for a second pump on the tank, which is where for example the Outback has another pump for the rear. I tested adding the two additional nozzles to the existing pump circuit, but the little pump does not output enough pressure. I therefore added a second pump, using OEM parts, list included in the video description. The job requires removal of the front bumper, splicing into the pump power lines, routing tubing and cutting into the bumper to install the nozzles. I would rate it easy-medium difficulty. Feedback and questions welcome.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts