ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Kenwood amplifier is blown... it doesn't power on when plugged in, and I've tried it in two different cars. I have successfully hooked up a different (MTX) amp in both cars and it has worked, so I think the Kenwood amp is blown. It's two years old... and I checked the fuses on the amp and they're not blown. Could there be any other reason for the amp not working? How do I tell for sure if it's blown?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Most car/audio install places will test it for you. Some charge for this service and some will do it for free, especially if it's a slow day :)

It may be worth your while to double check the amp's fuse again. Sometimes, the fuse can be bad, even if you can't see it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
did it used to work and now it doesn't? or is this the first time you've hooked it up and it's not powering up? you said you hooked up an MTX and it worked, so all your wires must be cool. definetely get it checked by a shop, unless you have a voltmeter so you can check it yourself. and double check all the fuses, like games said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts