Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all about how to install the vent gauge pod and is hell of a job. :mad:
but I really only wanted to remove the air vent bezels and paint them. Can I just ply them off or do i have to take off everything to get to them? :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
carbon fiber trim kit "side vent" installation instructions

better late than never......see text below and attached image....this is from the subaru carbon fiber trim kit installation instructions...side vent remove/install......key thing...note location of "tabs" and placement of screwdriver......best of luck!

SIDE DUCT
REMOVE AND INSTALL SIDE DUCT

CAUTION:

Removal and installation procedures outlined below relate to the passenger's side. To remove and install the side ventilation panel on the driver's side, use the same procedures.
Be careful not to scratch the instrument panel and adjacent parts during removal installation procedures.

Remove :
1. Remove the side vent trim using a flat-head screwdriver covered by a cloth. Place screwdriver with cloth between the side vent trim and instrument panel at location "1" and pry gently outward and then pry gently at location "2" as shown.

Install:
1. Push in the new ventilation panel while verifying the direction and position. Be sure to properly orientate the retaining tabs. After installation, make sure the ventilator operates properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A flat head with a cloth. Ugh, I mean that works great in a pinch. But I have marred plastic too many times. Thank you very much for this, as you know it's a really Pita topic. That you can't find anything for. But you can grab one of these tools, for a few bucks or get the whole kit for around $10 to $12 eBay, Amazon or just go to Harbor Freight. It's so worth it, I use it more than I would have ever thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.