Subaru WRX Forum banner

How to protect the rear seat backs?

10K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  rexxx0486 
#1 ·
One of the reasons I purchased a hatch was for the option to carry more stuff. But now I'm looking at the clean cloth on the rear seat backs and am growing fearful of dropping them down and putting boxes and bags on top of them. I know subaru offers the rubber cargo tray for protecting the floor, but is there anything I could use to protect the backs on my rear seats?

#3 ·
I used a nice silver tarp for a while and it worked pretty well. I recently bought new seats for another car and used the wrx to transport them. I don't think I had the tarp, but I had a blanket or something. I thought I was careful with them but still ended up ripping the cloth just a little bit. ooh well

#6 ·
It was recommended to me by a leathersmith(?) to use hand cream on all my leather (shoes, jackets, bags) so I would assume it would work just as well on seats. Obviously I would try a spot first to make sure there is no staining.

#17 ·
Was it something like this? View attachment 105541
I was just about to post that. They are the 50 dollar or so 2012 impreza rear setback protector. I can try a set from parts department on a 2011 body car, I'll let you guys know if they could easily be made to fit.

#19 ·
I was just about to post that. They are the 50 dollar or so 2012 impreza rear setback protector. I can try a set from parts department on a 2011 body car, I'll let you guys know if they could easily be made to fit.
Let us know! I'm still probably going to get CoverKing seat covers but something to make the back of the seats "flat" instead of channeled like they are would be great.

#13 ·
When I had my Xterra I folded the seats down all the time for the dogs. Eventually put down some fatigue matting and some industrial carpeting. Just used from heavy duty velcro but the seat backs were plastic, not sure how I'm going to do that with the WRX but I'm looking at CoverKings or Wet Okole.

#14 ·
I have an 8 month old black lab mix with grey hound, she does not sit down on road trips. Anyway I put down a cover over the back seat that I got from petsmart. I have had it on since the second week I own the car and never had an issue with it. Its water proof and pretty thick against dirt and mud. Also my seats look as good as new and never been cleaned.

Attachments

#21 ·
I'm in the same boat, my previous vehicle was "The Dog vehicle" so now the WRX is taking up that role. I think between the rear seat back protection to fix the ridges and covers we should be good. I'm thinking about getting CoverKings - Polycotton Drill should be around $187. I had CoverKings send me 3 different swatches, the polycotton drill was the better of the 3 "tough" versions.

"Custom Polycotton Drill Seat Covers-Polycotton Drill
SKU:
CSCXXX
(5542889-CSC1P1) CUSTOM SEAT COVERS (1 ROW) POLY COTTON DRILL BLACK for 2012 Subaru Impreza/OutbackSPORT/WRX Hatch (R), 60/40 backrest, solid bottom, w/3 removable headrests, w/o armrest "

#27 ·
Ok I went and tried it out for you guys, and the 2012 rear seat protector fits like a glove!

#36 ·
The 2012 impreza seat back protector fits close enough, it just has those square holes where the anchor points are on the 2012 impreza seatback that the wrx doesn't have, but you could just put some plastic behind that and it would serve its purpose well enough. I don't have pics but if you look at the link Azianmunk posted you'll see what I'm talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.