ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm going in to my dealer this week for a warranty claim, and it's going to take a few hours. The dealer told me to drop off the car at their place and pick it up later. It's understandable, BUT --- this is the same dealer that took my car for a short joy ride in their parking lot (and I saw it so they had to cut short). It's irritating and ridiculous because revving to 6k rpm isn't needed at all when the issue can be found without even starting the car...

So the question is, what can I do to prevent this from happening again? Any tips for this? Changing to another dealer isn't an option right now, as they already have opened a warranty claim on this part and I have to get this fixed here.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Trainrex,

I want to! But it's a warranty claim, which is the only reason I went to the dealer....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@lokey,

Replacing the clutch master cylinder. It was making clipping noises when the clutch pedal is down.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LoL. I'll keep this in mind and see what more I can have in the back seat.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
No AP? If not, unfortunately, all I can recommend is talking to the manager and/or babysitting them.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Problem solved:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No AP? If not, unfortunately, all I can recommend is talking to the manager and/or babysitting them.
No AP yet... but this might very much be my reason to get one. I'll talk to the manager and hopefully it won't make things worse.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah. I guess I'll just have to stay at the place the entire time (it'll feel and look weird). And get me an AP in the near future.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
When you drop the keys off tell them that if there is a single tenth of a mile on the car when you get it back you will report them to the better business bureau.
They'll just drive it in reverse to take the miles off the odometer.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
One more thing - If you're worried about them doing crazy speeding and you're willing to leave your phone in the car, there is a gps-based android app called SpeedView. It logs the speed of the car and shows it as a graph. Unfortunately, it won't show you RPMs though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lokey,

Thanks for all the inputs. I guess I'll just have to "leave" myself at the dealer to make sure they don't have too much fun with the car. And I'll warn them with the BBB statement before dropping off the key.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
When you drop the keys off tell them that if there is a single tenth of a mile on the car when you get it back you will report them to the better business bureau.
Well, casually driving it around the block isn't unreasonable. It's the brake cylinder, so testing a low speed panic stop or two just to make sure ABS is ok, and the system is properly primed, before turning it over to the OP seems like a good idea to me That being said, it doesn't require a 6k rpm, high speed hoon session to test...

Part of me wants to recommend the valet map idea, but I wonder if that might cause a new set of issues as far as a warranty claim goes. Unless the techs are phenomenally dense, (in which case they shouldn't be working on your car) they'll know the map was changed, and might try some BS in denying the claim, or worse, try "fixing" it and charging you for it.

Are there any other Subaru dealers in your area? Going to a different one would be my best advice I think.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts