Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was thinking about gettin uppipe/downpipe and I have heard that people are shooting out fireballs when they shift...is that only with all the cats removed? Or say you only remove one or two....do you shoot fireballs then? Just wondering....thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
When all the cats are removed, you shoot fireballs when you shift. I heard that if you have a silencer in the exhaust you don't shoot them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do you have to be in high RPMs when you do it? I wanna get in front of some soccer mom driving 15MPH in her van/suv and let one loose. See if she doesn't get startled and roll the sum*****.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about with only the pre-cat eliminated or with the pre-cat and one of the cats removed.......do u shoot fireballs then?

·
Registered
213 Posts
If your shooting flames better have the metal bumper cover to protect the paint.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
You can only shoot flames when all cats are removed. Since I've taken off my 100% atmosphere BOV, I have not ahot out any flames. So if you go catless, just keep your stock BOV and you'll be okay.

As for whether you have to be at high RPMs to shoot flames, I remember a couple of times when I was driving casually and shifted from 1st to 2nd this LOUD bang and big flash of light came from behind me. So no, you don't have to be at high RPMs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts